• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Duraflex and Carbon Fiber splitters GB# 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey sorry guy's haven't been on here in a while. Didn't even know Steve started another GB. 79mustang351 you're replacement splitter is sitting at ED ready to ship, however Steve told me to hold on since you wanted a carbon one. We would have to get this GB started to get you a CF splitter on the way, they won't just make 1, there has to be a minimum ordered. Anyway that's where we stand, c'mon guys lets get these orders in :)

Just for future reference, will ED or CC offer these to the public? They now have a mold etc. Just incase mine breaks or anyone wants one or another.

- amyn

Here ya go Pete...now get that Duraflex replacement coming!! I will buy a CF version later. I just wanna get the replacement on the car and get some fresh paint on the front end again.

DSCF0003-11.jpg

DSCF0004-11.jpg

nice pics lol!

sorry guys been super busy over in mustang world. gotta good sized show this weekend and am debuting my new car.

we need at least 10 peeps for duraflex and at least 5 for carbon fiber to make the GB with GB pricing happen. doesnt seem to be too much interest right now. i can hold off and do a GB in Feb/March (tax season) if that will work better. just remember, once we actually START production it could be around 2 months before you have it in your hands. so lets say we finally wrap up the GB in late march, it could be late May before you get it. you'd lose 2 months of spring time you could have had it (SZ is then isnt it?). at least if people order NOW, they have allll winter to tinker with it, paint it, get it fitted up right AND there's time to correct any possible issues, like if you receive a damaged one.

so far it looks like 2 people interested in the DF. ill add the names to the list and we'll see if any more hop on board. if not, then no GB for now i guess.

i do have two new DF coming to replace the two i had to give away (my own two). i can sell those but they wont be at GB price. i may even shell out the $ to have 10 made but those will also be at regular pricing if no GB happens.

Just for future reference, will ED or CC offer these to the public? They now have a mold etc. Just incase mine breaks or anyone wants one or another.

- amyn

nope. i paid extra to make sure its ALL mine!!! bwahahaha!!

seriously though, i paid for the mold, which means its mine. had i asked ED to pay for it, then it would be available to all their resellers. unless i die in a fiery car accident, and then its pete's "inheritance" lol.

no payments to be sent until we have enough people. if we dont get enough people, then we'll just cancel it for the time being.

Will this fit the 99 SE front bumper as well? Or just the SVT front bumper? If it will fit the SE im in for sure, and 50/50 if its SVT only. I've been thinking about front/rear SVT bumper swap but was thinking id just keep my SE ones since there is nothing wrong.g with them.

I'm interested but it looks like no one else is :(

Any chance at all at getting one or will I have to wait for the next GB?

(maybe pay more down or pay in full or something?)

I'm kind of interested in a carbon unit. Timing is terrible. Is the list in the 1st post updated and we only have 2 people so far?

Will this fit the 99 SE front bumper as well? Or just the SVT front bumper? If it will fit the SE im in for sure, and 50/50 if its SVT only. I've been thinking about front/rear SVT bumper swap but was thinking id just keep my SE ones since there is nothing wrong.g with them.

It will only fit the SVT bumper, as I understood. Really not sure about the SE.

I think Tax return would be a real good time to do it in my opinion. I would be in for a DF if it is more resistant than the CF one, if they are about the same then CF for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back