• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Splitter Duraflex version GB 2014

So just how "flexible" is the Duraflex version? I DD my car. I actually had Billy take the Mirko off before buying his car because I didn't want to damage the splitter and/or my bumper.....let me know thanks

I don't have one yet but you will be okay. join up and get three friends to join as well!!!!

From what i read is if you bump or hit something it can deform a bit unlike the fiberglass which would chip or crack. Duraflex still has fiberglass in it so if the impact is hard or big enough it will still break but that is no reason not to join and make this GB happen!

I don't have one yet but you will be okay. join up and get three friends to join as well!!!!

From what i read is if you bump or hit something it can deform a bit unlike the fiberglass which would chip or crack. Duraflex still has fiberglass in it so if the impact is hard or big enough it will still break but that is no reason not to join and make this GB happen!

Yeah, my wife rubbed a curb or something with mine, she did some decent damage (DF version). I'll try to get some pics up.

There was a video of someone trying to destroy a blem unit that was accidentally shipped and it took a HELL of a beating (hitting and twisting) before it finally gave, so they are much more durable than the fiberglass originals.

I still have no idea how the front, top and both all got hit...

IMG_4670_zps223f64b8.jpg

IMG_4674_zpse255b46b.jpg

Now, when they haven't been beat to ••••, they look beautiful
46004c84.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, my previous post is in no way to make this sound or look like an inferior product, if this had been a fiberglass piece it would have been completely destroyed! These are a high quality piece and Steve is fantastic to work with!

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

By the way, my previous post is in no way to make this sound or look like an inferior product, if this had been a fiberglass piece it would have been completely destroyed! These are a high quality piece and Steve is fantastic to work with!

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

np dave. i didnt get that out of it at all but thanks for clarifying. they are somewhat bendable/flexible but a decent impact will destroy anything.

yep im leaving it open since we're very close now. kudos to all who have stepped up to make it happen. i know the #s of enthusiasts who still own a csvt are dwindling but there has to be at least 3 more people who want to get one lol.

anyone post something on FCO? i know there are people who post over there and dont come over here at all.

just got a call from a non-active member who paid with a CC. that makes #9! just one more and we can get these started. so they can hopefully be here by the time the snow melts for you most of you guys.
im ordering extra on top of this, out of my own pocket, so we have extras just in case any are fubared. which is why I need 10 people. im already going to be sitting on extras.

Just wondering what was going on with this group buy? I know we only need one more to make it happen but what's going to happen now that another source is having splitters made as well (just saw it posted on the Facebook page)? They already have a handful of guys saying they're wanting one of those now so it's going to take longer to get, or even get, the 10th person to commit to this GB

Just wondering who you are? 3 post and no deposit and wanting to derail a group buy! If my memory is correct there is only ONE Mirko mold.

Wasn't trying to upset anyone, was just a question, I paid $150 deposit by credit card over the phone and it went through on my bank statement so I don't know why the list hasn't been updated showing my deposit has been received.. Wasn't trying to "derail" the group buy whatsoever, was really just looking for an update on what was going on with the group buy and was concerned that now that someone else supposedly has splitters being made available (according to a post I saw on the SVT contour group Facebook page), if that was going to somehow not make this group buy happen.. Not really sure what my number of posts has to do with anything by the way, I've owned three csvts over the last 7 years and have followed CEG throughout that time as well. Sorry if I somehow offended you but that was more or less a post to let the leader of the group buy know what was going on with these other splitters coming available

Wasn't trying to upset anyone, was just a question, I paid $150 deposit by credit card over the phone and it went through on my bank statement so I don't know why the list hasn't been updated showing my deposit has been received.. Wasn't trying to "derail" the group buy whatsoever, was really just looking for an update on what was going on with the group buy and was concerned that now that someone else supposedly has splitters being made available (according to a post I saw on the SVT contour group Facebook page), if that was going to somehow not make this group buy happen.. Not really sure what my number of posts has to do with anything by the way, I've owned three csvts over the last 7 years and have followed CEG throughout that time as well. Sorry if I somehow offended you but that was more or less a post to let the leader of the group buy know what was going on with these other splitters coming available

your name is on the list. its been on there for a while now. certainly before you posted this yesterday lol.

im going to put the order in this week. ill eat the 10th splitter and just keep it in the inventory.

yes, ive seen that someone else is now making them as well. that's a great. ive invested a good amount of $ in these to continue making parts for a dead platform and then someone else comes along to undersell me. nice.

i didnt see that someone had sent me a deposit the day after Christmas. havent checked my PP in a few days (get your mind out of the gutter!). #10 was sitting there waiting for me lol.

so 10 deposits are in! we're good to go. i texted Pete today that ill be sending the funds this week to get the wheels turning.

Back