• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Tubular 4-bolt LCA's

Rigidity. Plain and simple. The stiffer you make your suspension the less chance it has to flex and or deflect which causes loss of traction yada yada yada. Well worth it on any platform especially fwd where your drive axle also happens to steer your vehicle. Also has many other points of awesome which in this case were poly bushings, ball joint is serviceable, and possibly a drop in weight.

Ian

Your improvements also come in abundance with regards to launches and cornering. Eliminates wheel hop on launches because they're not flopping around like stamped crap does due to stresses being equally distributed throughout the structure also with cornering because they're not flopping around like stamped crap still does due to aforementioned and polyurethane bushings which don't have as much give as stock resulting in better traction. I was an alignment technician for many years and worked on alot of cars that did SCCA racing in St. Louis as far as my street creds go.

Ian

Sorry for the lack in response. There seems to be a lot of people wanting different variants of these tubular control arms. I will build them.

However that said my focus right has been my new house/shop. My wife and I have been looking for a property for the last 1-1/2yrs and finally have one. When house/shop is completed I should have a 32x40 two story shop space to do anything I want in. All of my projects are being put on delay for this. It's going to take a good amount of my time and money to make sure it is completed to my liking. If you've been waiting this long another 7-9 months shouldn't be an issue ;)

Once I have this shop I plan to really amp things up as I truly launch my company Ries Performance. The plan as it is now (subject to change) is to start off with a unique carbon fiber hood and trunk followed by these control arms. Main reason for this is I will be seeking out a medium sized lathe to complete these LCA's the way I really want them to be. Having the lathe will also make it easier for me to do other parts. I also need to purchase a few more dies for my tube bender so that I can produce roll cages, other LCA's, traction bars, and other suspension/exhaust components.

Stay tuned. I will post pictures of my shop build as it progresses.

Sorry for the big bump, but are there any updates regarding these? As I am interested!

No update. I do at some point plan to make these, but I need a need more equipment in my shop to make these the way I want. Unfortunately the purchase of that equipment is lower on the priority list.

Back