• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Short Shifter Riser Plate - Steeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzuki

Veteran CEG'er
This is for verification of interest in the Steeda Riser plates before I have them made.

I am able to offer the plates for $20.00 including the new 6mm x 1.0 pitch x 60mm Allen head bolts (quantity 4) + shipping (between 2 and 5 dollars).

The risers will be made out of 3/8 inch thick 6160-T6 aluminum. Plastic was much more expensive.

The parts will be water jet cut.

Before I have the parts made I would like to have 5 to 10 commitments, I have to have 20 made to get this price, I will stock the remain parts for people that want one in the future.

From what has been said and I can tell from the Ford Racing documentation this riser is needed for the Ford Racing Shifter.

Here is a picture of the prototype:

Steeda_Plate2.jpg

The final part of the equation is getting someone to try out the prototype for me (with a Steeda).

Last edited:
I guess to go along with this group buy I can see if we can get a group buy on the Ford Racing Performance Parts shifter through my contact at Tousley. Although the 71.50 price is already ~$50 off of the retail price so I'm not sure that I can do better then that. If I can I'll start another post for that though so it's easier to keep track.

Is this one built any better than the B&M I have? I already broke the ball off the bottom of this one once. I don't want to go thru that again it was a PITA to find someone to weld it.

I guess to go along with this group buy I can see if we can get a group buy on the Ford Racing Performance Parts shifter through my contact at Tousley. Although the 71.50 price is already ~$50 off of the retail price so I'm not sure that I can do better then that. If I can I'll start another post for that though so it's easier to keep track.

That would be a beautiful thing.

If I can get a shifter for $71.50, I will DEFINITELY take BOTH the shifter and the riser.

That would be a beautiful thing.

If I can get a shifter for $71.50, I will DEFINITELY take BOTH the shifter and the riser.

Well I know I can already get the shifter for $71.50, thats no question, it's just whether or not I can get it cheaper then that!

I'll let you guys know on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

Are those shifters the same? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if the Ford racing shifter is a true short throw like the Steeda?

Last edited:
I will take a spacer and would be interested in the ford shifter regardless of the price, of course cheaper is always better.

Thanks

1. pimpdcontour
2. icysvt
3. OB1
4. Schattastic SVT
5. Cinder

Are those shifters the same? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if the Ford racing shifter is a true short throw like the Steeda?

This is what I was told. I'll find out for sure on Monday when I pick mine up. I should have it installed by Tuesday night (hopefully).

Before i commit to buy, is there a year that these work for. Im not 100% sure but isnt 2000 different and this should work for 98-99? am i right? i have a 99 and just want to be sure and others to know if they have 00. can someone jump in here and comment on that more than i know....

from what I recall the 2000 models need a different sized plate that goes UNDER the car (above the heat shield).

Short Throw Shifter GB

Short Throw Shifter GB

Just so you guys know I did get a GB price on the FRPP short throw shifter to go along with this GB. Check it out HERE

you stole my idea...DAMN YOU!

I had it all long. I was just waiting for Tousley Ford to get back to me. When I picked up my shifter today after work I asked them about it. Whenever I decide to buy something for my car(s), and I think a lot more people are going to want the same thing I tend to get a group purchase/buy going on it. I've been getting these things together for a while now. Everything from the Corbeau racing seats I have in my Camaro down to the steering wheel cover in my CSVT. I've probably organized... I'd say at least 30+ GB's on various things. Its the only way to do things. You have a lot more leverage with companies with pricing when you say I've got 10+ people that want to buy the same thing in the same configuration then you do with just trying to go in on your own and trying to swing a deal.

Now that I think about it... lets get a group buy on the Ford GT... anyone?? :crazy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back