• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Don't want to blow the FAZE power supply

acontour

CEG'er
Hello guys , I have a dilemma . I'm going to install the light on my FAZE oil pressure gauge and don't know whether the dimmer is positive controlled or ground controlled. :help:

Please check page #2 , Mounting/Wiring Gauge Lightning here :
http://www.tradervar.com/faze/faze_general_instructions.pdf

Figure 2a or 2b? I'm thinking 2b

I have until Sunday if anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S I have already hooked up the 12v ignition , - and the sensor wire to the gauge.

For those who do not have a PDF reader installed
FAZE.jpg

32 views and nobody knows?

I just need to install the black with red stripe and red (with the fuse holder) to the dimmer so I can dim the gauge lights.
You can disregard the other wires in the pictures.

Anyone knows how the dimmer works? I think it has 2 wires. Is one 12v and one neg.?

with my autometer guages I just tapped the possitive wire for the lights to the positive wire that changed voltage with the dimmer.

with my autometer guages I just tapped the possitive wire for the lights to the positive wire that changed voltage with the dimmer.

Nice , I need to connect the autometer lights as well. Do you remember if it was 12V and what color?
Thanks

UPDATE: 06/11/10

K, so I have not blown the power supply. The dimmer was only putting out something like 6V(forgot) and was not bright enought for the lights. Hooking up to the lights was also crazy...12v is supplied to the red wires for the lights when off and no voltage when they are ON..
So I just ran the lights for the gauges to the 12V for the ignition with the gauges (with a On/Off switch) . T
his way is much better because they are On when they key is On but the lights get turned on only when I want them to.
They are also protected by an inline 10A fuse.. Moreover, my AEM wideband is always on because the lights are spliced in its power.

That's how all the gauges should be.

Back