• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Please read this before posting any opinions about subwoofer performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
*** Note to readers... lets try this again. Please don't hijack my thread this time. ***

Will everyone please stop spewing this garbage? Please?

"Brand X just hit hard..."

"...my friend has a Brand Y that hits twice as hard as my two crappy Brand Z 12"..."

Baloney!!

No conversation about subs is valid unless you also include the enclosure it was mounted in.

Please include the following when presenting opinions about the performance of a subwoofer system:

1. size of the enclosure in cubic feet.
2. type of enclosure (sealed, ported, band-pass, free-air, etc)
3. tuning frequency if not sealed or free-air
4. also, if commenting about how loud the bass is please include what amplifier is powering the sub(s) (do not just say it is a 1,000,000 watt ILS* amp from Rockwood or Kenford... first give brand and model number)

The reason for all this additional information is it has a direct impact on its performance and how a listener may perceive its performance. The same speaker in different enclosures can and will perform very differently. Without this additional information to provide a frame of reference, your opinion is meaningless to the rest of us.

* ILS - "If Lightning Strikes" and provides 1.21 gigawatts of power, the amp will put out 1,000,000 watts of peak power.

Thanks in advance for not hijacking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back