• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Auxiliary sound (Sirius Sat) only through right side speakers only?

Bourne

CEG'er
This wasn't the case when I first hooked it upa couple years ago, and then last year sometime it stopped playing in the left side speakers and I'm just not getting around to tear it all apart. I have a Pioneer stereo/cd player. Any thoughts, suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

Yup, it's not the the cable or connection with it, I already replaced the cable and twisted the cable/s to see if that might be an issue, I should have mentioned that :p

There is no amplifier, just connected to speakers I installed, but like I said, it's only the Sirius. Radio, Cd's, Zune all work fine. The Sirius deck works on the boombox, maybe it's the car dock?

How is your sat radio hooked up... is it a part of the head unit or does it plug into a 3.5mm jack or how does it work... i had an xm once that plugged in via 3.5mm jack.. and actually (though i dont have xm anymore) my left channel only worked when I was coasting/accelerating and cut out under any braking which was bizarre... but i ended up replacing the cable partially and hardwiring a 3.5 mm jack into the center counsel but if you're sure it's not a cable I have no idea what the problem is.. ( i also have a sony headunit that is "xm ready" so it's got a seperate plug for an xm reciever on it)

It's separate and hooked up through a 3.5mm jack. I tried two different cables, I don't see that could be the problem...

Sounds like the base for the Sat. Rad. unit is bad, not an uncommon thing. Usually it's the Sat. antennas that go bad though. Use the headphones like stated above, should be a pretty clear test. If it doesn't pass, some precision screw driver set should allow you to disassemble the unit. You may be able to use some solder to fix your issue. I've been able to do this with the bad sat antenna connections before. If that doesn't fix it, time to order a new base, or in some cases, if you've been a Sirius customer long enough, they'll send you a new base or radio unit all together to keep you as a customer instead of losing you.

Back