• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How to remove gum from the exterior

wa2tuff

CEG'er
I'm leaving my car after parking it sideways in the parking lot at work. Yeah, I said sidways. It's the only way to try to insure some moron doesn't hit it with their door. Anyway, there is a couple of globs of chewing gum on the fender and door. Sticky, gooey, freaking chewing gum. How can I get this crap off my car? The only thing I can think of is alcohol. I can't do anything til I get home tonight around 9:30 so if anyone has any other ideas, please share them. Thanks.

Thanks to Christine, LUCA, for her help. She suggested GooGone. It worked perfectly. I had to use alot of it but it took all the gum off. Thanks again.

Make sure you put some wax on it. The citrus cleaner most likely removed it. I would have suggested bug and tar remover. Also use to get gum out of clothes by freezing it with ice and picking it off once it hardens up some. I don't think that would have done it though.

Back