• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How much dash removal to replace evaporator core?

jbarner

CEG'er
Hey guys,

Used search..saw some useful posts on full dash removal - but none mentioned working on evap cores..

I am debating (and probably will regardless) on replacing my evaporator core as I keep having AC problems and am fed up - ordered pretty much new everything except the evap core right now - mine isn't leaking but if I can swap it out now I figure it might be worth the investment so it doesn't just crap out on me with everything else being new.

How much of the dash must come out to get to evap core housing? Is it basically a full dash pull or is there any shortcuts I can make? I am not repairing anything else - my dash came completely warped and torn up from my aunt so its no big deal to me

If the part is the one I am thinking of, you need to take the entire dash out. No easy way out. I have an ongoing illustration on how to remove the dash.

Mad Dog

Yeah I saw your post - was pretty insightful. Will probably use it as reference if I decide to go through with the evaporator replacement. But it's the black plastic housing directly behind the radio etc..

I've taken apart most of the dash before - just never messed with the steering wheel

Back