• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aftermarket side marker lamps

dezenzerrick

CEG'er
Hi all,

I am wanting your opinions on side marker lamps. I like the idea, and wish that my car (95 mystique) had them. I was looking at the Cougar side markers, but they seem pretty rare and the shape does not go with the rest of the car. The headlights are rectangular, and the cougars side lights are ovular. I was thinking about hijacking some side mounted ones from a BMW, after all, I can't imagine there's any fancy computer work done. Splice some wires, boom.

If not the bmw's, any suggestions on "universal" fit ones? Or, from other vehicles if need be.

Thanks!

If you were to buy it don't forget to buy a bmw side marker socket so you can plug it in. And I'm pretty sure it wouldnt fit on the side without retrofitting. If you do end up doing it you should post pictures I think it would look awesome.

If you search around Audi A4 side marks have been a popular choice. There are instructions on how to make them running lights and turn signals at the same time.

Alright thanks! I'm not too worried about sockets or actual fit. The wiring will have to be retrofitted either way. The plan is to stick them right beneath the "24V DOHC" badge, a relatively flat area. I'll post pictures when I'm done, and I'll look into the A4 ones as well

Back