• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT dies to save pre98 SE**build thread**

How did u get the part that wraps around the grill on the bumper? I'm thinking of convertingy csvt front end with the pre 98
Help is needed thanks

^ man are you new around here, lol

Dsc01248.jpg

9-3-2011008.jpg

Not sure what to say. Two years ago I blew 2 main fuses under the hood and had to car trailer the Contour home. Sat that way for a year before I got around to find it was just the fuses.

Got the fuses replaced and started to test drive it to see if the fuses would be OK. They were so I replaced the rear sub frame with a SVT sub frame, replaced the old radiator fans with working ones. Added some lowering springs. In the process of all this the exhaust flange broke, so that has to be addressed.

Looks like I need to bleed the rear brakes after the sub frame install, fix the flange so the SVT exhaust bolts back up, alignment after lowering it and install the relay to the new radiator fans. The battery is not charging and no power steering so I think it needs a belt. Oh, and four new tires as well. That gets me back on the road. Not sure if it makes sense to keep going with this...

Well that's the update. I'll snap a sad picture of the SeVT soon. It does look good lowered.

I know what you mean I had my clutch replaced and it sat for 6 months because they touched the Crappy wiring and shorted a fuse they couldn't find .that has all been fixed but now after sitting for so long now the rear brake calipers are sticking bad .I can't afford to buy a new car and I really like my 95 SE mtx so I just keep fixing it practical or not .kinda funny my 66 Mustang is more reliable than my 'Tour at this point:dizzy:

Back