• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Power Steering Questions

mystiquevltwin

Hard-core CEG'er
So Last year I noticed that I was leaking power steering fluid from the car. I looked into it further and one of my power steering lines has a good sized rust hole in it. Simple enough, buy a new line and fix it?

Here is my issue. I plan on replacing the pump and all the lines that are associated with the power steering. I went on rocket.com and went to buy new ones but the setup is confusing.

My 1998 Mercury Mystique 2.0 Zetec was built in Kansas City in 6/98. Rock Auto only shows rubber lines for those Contiques made in the USA, whereas all of the metal lines that look what I have in my car are labeled as Contiques build in Mexico. (See photo)

I found one on eBay that LOOKS like what I need but I am not sure it would be compatible with my car. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271780304171?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Can anyone tell me what is the correct part for my car? I don't know when I will get around to doing the repair but id like to have the parts. \

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• photo15782.png
    photo15782.png
    272.5 KB · Views: 0
Back