• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

About to install Massive Tubular Toe Arms

Swami

CEG'er
Anything I need to know? Do I just match up with stock arms to set the length? OK to tighten while on jack stands? etc.

1. Very Important: Don't try to loosen the inboard toe adjustment bolts by turning the bolts. Instead, hold the bolt heads with a backup wrench and LOOSEN THE NUTS ONLY. If you turn the bolt while the nut is tight, it damages the cam bolts.

2. After the inboard adjustment nuts are loose, mark the position of the adjustment cams with a Sharpie marker so you can get them back to the same place at re-assembly.

3. Take off the factory arms one at a time, and using some long 12mm bolts through the factory bushings, extend the bolts through the rod ends into the Massive arms, then turn the Massive arms so the lengths are the same using the long bolts as guides, this way, you get the length really close.

4. Install the Massive arm, put the inboard cam bolt back in the same place with your Sharpie mark, torque to spec.

Technically, you don't need to re-use the cam bolts with the Massive arms, but it's really difficult to get the alignment even close without doing as I've suggested.

I did all of the above with mine and still needed to have the alignment set to spec on a rack, make sure you tell the tech to use the Massive arms to set the toe, and it helps to use a Sharpie to mark Left and Right on the ends of the arms so the techs know which ends are left and right hand threads.

Back