Front strut tower brace mounting question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front strut tower brace mounting question

Question for those who have added a front strut tower brace. How did you attach it to the top of the tower? Self-tapping screws from the top, or bolts from the bottom?

I picked up one of the strut tower braces off Amazon, and it didn't come with any hardware for mounting. I started trying to do the bolt approach, but I don't think it is going to work. I am using a camber kit and it looks and feels like the bolt head is in contact with the strut mount. Getting very frustrated.
    Bob Johann
    SoundQ SVT
    1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088
    5 correction: 6-Time Sound Quality Champion in IASCA, SLAP, and MECA
    2000 Silver Mystique LS V6ATX - SOLD 5/23/2013

I got mine new and just used the self tapping screws to install it. Perhaps a carriage bolt would give clearance to the strut mount.
    Last edited by BrApple; 02-12-2017, 01:32 PM.
    - 12 Focus SE
    - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
    - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

From my experience, I know OMP Brace comes with Self Tappers, Drill some holes and screw it in.
      I don't know about your brace, the location of where you are screwing it in may interfere with your strut mount.

The OMP Brace mount holes are far enough away from the center of the shock tower that they clear the mount.

2000 SVT Contour Black #2005 3L
      1998 SVT Contour E0 Silfro # 3095 3L Portmatched
      1999 SVT Contour Green #1769 2.5 - Rotted Body - Gone
      2004 SVT Lightning Red #2888
      Aircougar Performance

Comment

Do you guys know what size the self tapping screws were? Both diameter and length? I am having difficulty finding ones that I think are big enough to do the job, but I am probably overestimating the requirement.
        Bob Johann
        SoundQ SVT
        1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088
        5 correction: 6-Time Sound Quality Champion in IASCA, SLAP, and MECA
        2000 Silver Mystique LS V6ATX - SOLD 5/23/2013

Comment

Working...
        X