• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

front wheel alignment

Ares

Veteran CEG'er
I did a search but finding different answers. Can someone tell me what the correct/stock toe spec is for the front wheels? I'm seeing .05 toe out to .17 toe out. Thanks!

WHEEL ALIGNMENT SPECS FRONT: Caster: (not adjustable, for info only) Minimum: 1.4* Maximum: 3.4* Camber: (not adjustable, for info only) Minimum: -1.9* Maximum: 0.8* Toe: Minimum: -0.09* Maximum: 0.09* REAR: Camber: Minimum: -1.5* Maximum: 0.5* Toe: Minimum: 0.00* Maximum: 0.28*

I would suggest running toe-in versus toe-out. I have found toe-out to be vague feeling and it follows the ruts in the road more. Toe-in will have a heavier feel but it just tracks and feels better overall.

I would suggest running toe-in versus toe-out. I have found toe-out to be vague feeling and it follows the ruts in the road more. Toe-in will have a heavier feel but it just tracks and feels better overall.

was leaning that way actually. steering wheel still off ever so slightly after rack install. trying to get that straightened out first then see where I'm at

Back