• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Coilovers :D

SVOFANATIC

Veteran CEG'er
Sorry to brag but look what I just got in :laugh:.

KoniCoilovers.jpg

Just got my Rear Koni's in and I just put my Sleeves on them :drool: Can't wait till I get my front's In then they will be going on the car. I never thought I'd be spending $650 on struts :cool:.

What rate and length spring are you trying in the rear? I may try this in the future because I want higher wheel rate in the rear with zero to very small drop.

Idk the spring rates but the rear springs are 8in and the fronts are 6. Btw nice cars I just totaled my 91 SHO and I'm getting ready to pick up an 85 SVO

these are matrix trash. recommend trading your konis for the ksports. or buying ground controls. i'd really recommend you get the ground controls though. i miss mine and i'v owned both and do not like my ksports.

if he could afford ksports or koni/gc's i'm sure he would've bought them from the get-go. have you run these coilovers? i ran one of the first sets put on a contour YEARS ago...for 4 years i ran them before i went to eibachs. never skipped a beat, are there better springs for handling? are they a bit stiff for the street? yes and yes, but for everyday use and for looks there isnt a single thing wrong with them. after 4 years and countless thousands of miles they still looked as good as the day i put them on, the same could not be said for my ground controls or konis from past cars.
are there better options out there? or course...is there a better low cost option out there...nope.

I'll go with these for now if I decide to move up to GC's then I will this was the best option for me right now. The main reason I don't want to trade is I JUST bought these I have put 0 miles on them trading something I've put $750 into for a used $850 item I'm not liking to much don't get me wrong it may be an awsome deal but I'd like to see how these go.

Idk yet tho I haven't even put them on the car yet. They're still sitting in my room at home I at least would like to try them out first you know?

if he could afford ksports or koni/gc's i'm sure he would've bought them from the get-go. have you run these coilovers? i ran one of the first sets put on a contour YEARS ago...for 4 years i ran them before i went to eibachs. never skipped a beat, are there better springs for handling? are they a bit stiff for the street? yes and yes, but for everyday use and for looks there isnt a single thing wrong with them. after 4 years and countless thousands of miles they still looked as good as the day i put them on, the same could not be said for my ground controls or konis from past cars.
are there better options out there? or course...is there a better low cost option out there...nope.

I also ran them many years ago. I installed them with Konis back in 2005 (IIRC) and ran them until sometime in 2008 putting a good 60K plus miles on them and never had an issue out of them. loved the way they handled as well. they were a touch stiff for the street but really weren't horrible, made many trips between Louisville and Chicago with them late at night as well as at least 1 Dragon run on them. I got rid of them for Ksports which I hated (put the Konis with new B&G springs on the SVT).

FYI Those are Bomz. Copies of GC's. They were supposed to be knockoffs from CustomCougar.com originally. However the owner of the site sent the Koni version of GC's instead of the standard size. Those sleeves will not fit standard struts without extensive modding if at all. I originally purchased Matrix CO's back in 04. They are nothing like GCs. I later picked up a set of Bomz and created a hybrid setup utilizinfg the D-rings, springs and collars of the Bomz set up on my Matrix sleeves. Worked out great. You're going to have a helluva time adjusting down with those perches on there.

With the size tire I have on the car (235/45/17) I highly doubt I'll be going very low at all LMAO. I don't have the room. Just to clear it up the reason I went with that tire size is because they were brand spanking new 2 days old on my old car before I totaled it.

Back