• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

17x8 rims good to go?

rdixon39

CEG'er
I've been looking at some MR126 rims from mortegi and was wondering if they would fit my 2000 CSVT without causing any rubbing issues. I know that the 8" rim is pushing it when it comes to clearance but I didn't know if anyone else had put on some 8" wide rims without any major problems.

The offset is either 45 or 38 and I'm not really set on an specific tire......I'm willing to get any performance tire that will work with these rims. My CSVT hasn't been lowered at all its still at stock height. Thanks for the reply beans all info is appreciated.

You will need to know the exact offset. It makes the difference between fitting and not fitting is literally millimeters. 45 wont work for sure. 38 is a maybe at best.

It's a extremely tight fit, might not be the best choice for you if you are worried about tire selection and offsets.

Thanks Beans unfortunately I just found out the bolt pattern is 5 which obviously wont or and if I were to use some 4 to 5 bolt adapters it just wouldn't work either....... looks like I'm going to have to settle for something else.

I run a 17x7.5 with a 38 offset. With 225/45's that measured 8" in tread width, i had to roll the front fenders and trim the rear lip on the rear fenders. Now i run a 225/45 tire that measures 8.8" in width and run with rolled and pulled fronts, and still have to trim a little more off of the rear.

IMG_7100-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_7096-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_7030-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_7028-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_7091-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_7086-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

Back