• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What Performance Tires Should I Get? *FAQ*

There is no OEM 17" wheel for a CSVT. Many people use FSVT wheels, which are 17". You can run 215/45, 225/45, and SOME 235 on those.

Would anyone like me to make an updated version of this thread? As some of us know, tires change a lot over the years. The original post has tires that do not exists anymore. I don't think that Phil did a bad job or anything. He's just not around to edit some of the outdated info.

Would anyone like me to make an updated version of this thread? As some of us know, tires change a lot over the years. The original post has tires that do not exists anymore. I don't think that Phil did a bad job or anything. He's just not around to edit some of the outdated info.
i would say go for it. :cool:

Recently I was forced to replace the tires on my beloved commuter. The tires I had on the car were making a lot of noise and one was worn badly on the front. Much to my dismay the BFG KDW's were discontinued in October last year. Maintaining the OEM 16" 98 wheel limited tires to some extent. I considered a 225/50/16 but after puting the car up on a rack I felt they would rub on the rear. After going back and forth I ended up with Dunlop Direzza DZ-101s in the stock size, 215/50-16. I had a set of these before and although the sidewall is not near the BFG, it was good to get some new shoes on the car.

235/45/17
Goodyear Eagle F1's All season
The tire protects the rim (for those with a spouse):nonono:
Best tire for the twisties!!

There is no OEM 17" wheel for a CSVT. Many people use FSVT wheels, which are 17". You can run 215/45, 225/45, and SOME 235 on those.

do 235's fit on a stock svt with stock suspension without any modifications?

Goumba, ever get to this or are you waiting for more interest? I'm going to be getting some tires in the next couple months. From what I've read in this sub forum, you're the guy for tires.
I'm looking for a summer tire, with a decent looking tread/profile that doesn't break the bank. I'm still OEM 2.5, so I don't need/want anything too excessive.
Top of my list are... (in 225/45-17)
Kumho Ecsta SPT
Kumha Ecsta MX
Dunlop Direzza DZ101
Falken FK 452
Thanks!
Erick --

I already made a thread a while ago. For about the same price as the Dunlops, you can get the hankook v12's. Their not the fastest tire in their catagory. Their pretty close though. What I like about them is that they perform great in the rain all the way down to about 3/32nds of thread. The tire is just a really good all round performer. That's why I got my second set of these for street duty. They won't last as long as both of the kumhos if that's what is important to you.

Der... My bad. I just read that thread and got caught up to speed. Thanks a bunch for your efforts!! I'm looking at either the Kumho SPT's or Hankook V12's... Now I need to decide. :crazy:
Erick --

Im running a tire measurment of 205/60/15, FALKEN Ziex ZX 512 tires, and ive put these tires through it all, they are absolutly amazing, especially for the price, just amazing.

Back