• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Are there any Ontario 3L guys?

m4gician

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey, I was just going to get a 3L job done in about ... this summer (I know about 10 months) and I wanted to know if any of you guys, possibly some of the older guys have a 3L convert, that might be able to give me a little bit of advice, maybe some local shop names or places that were of help to you, and some part sources? Thanks guys.

Nima can do it, but he is Ottawa. For the GTA and someone that is close to you your best bet would be Dan. Go on NECO and send a PM to him, his screen name is "MASSIV".

Once you go 3L you will not go back to a 2.5L, trust me I hate having my 2.5L motor in my car after having my 3L.

Aaron

Had a 3L, it's still floating around. I've done 2 swaps/builds myself and helped with 2 others so pretty much know these cars like the back of my hand.

yes :D is that a problem? I mean the 3L is the base mod and I have to do the exhaust mods, etc.

Not a problem, but a little unusual. A mtx (non-SVT) 2.5L will probably be faster than an auto 3L. mtx is surely a lot more fun. Personally, I'd sell the Mystique and put the 3L money towards a SVT Contour -- which is basically what I did, except I still have my automatic for the winter. :) (probably, but I don't want to stop driving the SVT...)

Edit: Sounds like I'm becoming a mtx zealot. :p I don't mean to be, to each their own. But you should try a SVT if you haven't already before heavily investing in an automatic.

Last edited:
Not a problem, but a little unusual. A mtx (non-SVT) 2.5L will probably be faster than an auto 3L. mtx is surely a lot more fun. Personally, I'd sell the Mystique and put the 3L money towards a SVT Contour -- which is basically what I did, except I still have my automatic for the winter. :) (probably, but I don't want to stop driving the SVT...)

Edit: Sounds like I'm becoming a mtx zealot. :p I don't mean to be, to each their own. But you should try a SVT if you haven't already before heavily investing in an automatic.

Point well taken, thanks for your opinion I didn't even consider that. In that case the gains will probably be minimal and not worth it overall. I'll just actually use the money towards a new car, not an SVT but maybe I can buy me an older TSX, just after I pay for student loans, this mystique will last me a while anyways.

Bought my svt already swapped with the 3l. I test drove an svt with the 2.5 awile back and all I can say is I'll never go back LOL

Back