• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spotted Thread

SVT spotted yesterday evening, ~5:40PM on the Everett Turnpike heading northbound. You entered from Industrial Drive. I think it was silver (I'm pathetic and can't remember after a whole day). Tint, missing jack point covers (on right side at least), dealership sticker on trunk lid, XM satellite receiver.

And it had moose plates! I thought I was the only SVT with them!

Stock black SVT spotted commuting on the Merritt parkway around the Hamden-Wallingford area. Saw a glimpse of this SVT yesterday afternoon and verified this morning. Assuming to be the same one. I pointed at you in a really cool and hip way. Some sort of big round sticker on the trunklid too.

it was something along the lines of this:
istockphoto_2513515_cool_guy_pointing.jpg

I saw that silver SVT again today at ~5:45 on the Turnpike. It's definitely that guy's commute home, just like me. Once again I was in the Maxima.

I think this is your hint to drive the SVT next time you anticipate driving past him :p
(1) failed inspection, not driving it right now
(2) waiting on parking permit sticker from corporate security to drive it to work

trust me .. I want to :) before the good weather ends ..

(1) failed inspection, not driving it right now
(2) waiting on parking permit sticker from corporate security to drive it to work

trust me .. I want to :) before the good weather ends ..

Inspections suck. Period. But then again, you can always drive with a rejected sticker. Just don't do it more than once :cool:

NH doesn't do rejected stickers, as I found out. So I still have no sticker on the windshield, and am ub3r prone to getting pulled over in daylight hours. Since it was safety too, the potential exists for me to get ticketed for continuing to operate an unsafe vehicle. I could just not mention the tires and tell the officer I already removed the tint, but still being pulled over to begin with is inconvenient.

Since I'm fortunate enough to have the luxury of a daily driver, I'm taking advantage and just parking the SVT for the time being.

Oh, and forgot
(3) Too frikkin lazy to remove the sticky residue, so none of my windows currently work and it's wicked hot out :help:

Oh, and forgot
(3) Too frikkin lazy to remove the sticky residue, so none of my windows currently work and it's wicked hot out :help:

You, sir, know that is NOT a legitimate excuse to keep yourself from the SVT! Soak a cloth in Soft Scrub (DON'T CONTACT THE DOOR PANELS DON'T DON'T DON'T CUZ SOFT SCRUB = BLEACH!) and the residue will rub right off. I use it often at work and it removed some glue that had been hanging around for YEARS. However, I guess MA is cooler than NH cuz we have rejected stickers :). Better hope you don't get pulled over on your way to your next inspection ;)

You, sir, know that is NOT a legitimate excuse to keep yourself from the SVT! Soak a cloth in Soft Scrub (DON'T CONTACT THE DOOR PANELS DON'T DON'T DON'T CUZ SOFT SCRUB = BLEACH!) and the residue will rub right off. I use it often at work and it removed some glue that had been hanging around for YEARS. However, I guess MA is cooler than NH cuz we have rejected stickers :). Better hope you don't get pulled over on your way to your next inspection ;)

dude I drove my SVT for 2 months with a rejected sticker (dark tint and no windshield washers on my CF hood) and didnt get hassled

I haven't attempted anything. Need to buy products first. I was going to get Goo Gone and Goop (since I need both of them anyway), but will take a look at Soft Scrub as well.

I personally wouldn't use Soft Scrub. Not that I've ever tried it on windows before, but it just doesn't seem right to me. :shrug: It's pretty gritty - maybe not like Comet, but still.
I use that ish to scrub soap scum off my bathtub, but I don't care about the finish of my tub like I do about my windows.

I personally wouldn't use Soft Scrub. Not that I've ever tried it on windows before, but it just doesn't seem right to me. :shrug: It's pretty gritty - maybe not like Comet, but still.
I use that ish to scrub soap scum off my bathtub, but I don't care about the finish of my tub like I do about my windows.

I use it on all surfaces at work. :shrug: I've personally never purchased Goo gone for my own use, but I know generic Soft Scrub is wicked cheap, and comes in a giant bottle.

Are you talking Soft Scrub in a spray bottle?
Maybe that's where I'm getting things mixed up. I'm talking about the pastey/gritty white stuff that you gotta squirt out of the bottle.

Back