• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Additional Moderator

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
Since it's nice to have back up in case I'm not around, I want to get some discussion going on who you all would like to nominate as an additional New England forum moderator.
baco has agreed to hand over the reins to one of you folks.

Post up your ideas, and when we come to an agreement, I'll have Mark make the changes.

Many many thanks to baco for all the years of moderating! For the most part, us NE people are pretty good kids as far as posts go in this forum, but baco has been there for the times when we've needed a little schmacking around. ;) :D

Well, right off the top of my head, I would think Brian (BrApple) because he's on here nearly every day and he is a responsible gentleman :laugh:

Well, right off the top of my head, I would think Brian (BrApple) because he's on here nearly every day and he is a responsible gentleman :laugh:

thanks, yeah I am on here alot and its something I would actually like to do too

Here's the basic criteria:

-been a member for more then a year, preferably longer.
-active on a daily basis
-has a relatively high post count
-is well liked by the other members of the forum
-has a relatively spotfree record on here.

Most likely candidates as far as I can see are Elky, Brapple, Tony and Rouar.

It'd be nice to get input from everyone, even those that rarely post.
So discuss away!

Last edited:
Or me
lildevil.gif
LOL j/k :D

EDIT: Kim, why did they choose YOU to be a SUPER moderator? Hmm? :p hehe

moderator is something ive wanted to be appart of, but with my low post count and brapple and others 'round these parts for a long time my vote would go towards brapple, elky or tony

I wouldn't mind being a moderator, but I'm happy with whoever becomes one.

I'm on pretty frequent but work has been keeping me busy lately and haven't been posting as much. That will change over the next few months once things settle at work.

Most people can see from my posts that I tend to push CEGers around when it comes to following the rules and posting in the correct forums. :laugh:

heres how i see this tough vote:

brapple: search wizard, knows the new/old forums very well
tony: tells it straight forward, very knowledgeable (sp?) and stockpiles SVT's
elky: WILL teabag New Englanders despite promises to the opposite

Obviously Contique technical know-how is not a big requirement for a regional forum mod (otherwise, why the heck did you guys vote me as mod years ago??) Rapport and character are more important.
The only real problems we have in here are petty arguments (and those are rare), so the mod would have to deal with those threads accordingly.
Then there's the obvious rule breaking that needs to be dealt with such as classifieds posts, nude pics, etc. Also rare for us.
The other stuff is simple thread stickies and organization.

So essentially you'll want someone that is fair and uses good judgement moreso than someone that knows the Contour inside and out. That's what the other forums are for, even though we do often have technical discussions in here.

Obviously Contique technical know-how is not a big requirement for a regional forum mod (otherwise, why the heck did you guys vote me as mod years ago??) Rapport and character are more important.
The only real problems we have in here are petty arguments (and those are rare), so the mod would have to deal with those threads accordingly.
Then there's the obvious rule breaking that needs to be dealt with such as classifieds posts, nude pics, etc. Also rare for us.
The other stuff is simple thread stickies and organization.

So essentially you'll want someone that is fair and uses good judgement moreso than someone that knows the Contour inside and out. That's what the other forums are for, even though we do often have technical discussions in here.

understood, i was just trying to work elky's teabagging habbits into a joke haha :)

well I am interested as I want to participate furthur in the site then I am now and this sounds like a great way to do that

Back