Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

window tint stickers

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • window tint stickers

    does anyone know where you can get the stickers that show that window tint was inspected and approved?

    I have been driving the SVT all over the state this weekend and just around the corner from my house there was an inforcement point tonight. well they got me for not having a front plate on the car and then asked about the tint. Luckly I was only issued a warning. But I have 20 days to correct it. Just want to get the stickers so I don't have to remove the tint.
    - 12 Focus SE
    - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
    - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
    - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
    - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

  • #2
    can they dont bother anyone from out of state? ive been through a couple in ct and they have said nothing about anything on my car.
    04 focus saleen n20 edition
    04 focus booosteddd 287whp
    02 fsvt black
    03 fsvt comp orange
    03 fsvt 335whp

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by loc0gring0 View Post
      can they dont bother anyone from out of state? ive been through a couple in ct and they have said nothing about anything on my car.
      that makes sense since CT cannot inforce their laws on a out of state car interms of tint, etc .....

      but really, what does anyone know about CT tint laws. On one page it lists the tinit limits but says nothing about a sticker. somewhere else it mentions a sticker. the warning noted not having a sticker for it but the DMV webpage doesn't say where to get it.
      - 12 Focus SE
      - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
      - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
      - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
      - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, problem is the state requires the sticker to be between the film and the glass so even if you got the sticker it would screw u over royally trying to get it put on...

        http://www.ct.gov/dmv/lib/dmv/regulations/099g.pdf
        The state keepos the paperwork and the sticker is self-destructing so you can't just go out and "buy" one. Welcome to dealing with the dmv although u have one right around the corner so no big deal, ur just getting screwed since there is no way for you not to have to take them off(what % r they)
        really your out of luck, thats why i never have my windows up, ever. And also why i avoid any large group of flashing blue and red lights...
        Summer-Ebony 3L MTX-Stripped-SVT-Topshop-ST220-Koni-Roush-Aircougar
        Winter-Lazer 2.5L MTX-Torsen-Stock+snow tires ftw

        Comment


        • #5
          Change out the door window glass to stock stuff and after inspection put your tinted glass back in. I even got the inspection with my interior door panels still off and passed .
          *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
          25 Contour / Mystiques and counting......
          I'M POWDER COATING AGAIN! PM ME FOR REQUESTS.

          Comment


          • #6
            This is why I never bothered to get my windows tinted on any of my cars no matter how good it looks. It attracts attention from them and it will come around to get you and cause a giant headache. everyone I know with tint winds up getting in some kind of trouble with it and most of them have pulled it off to save the headache. there are ways around it I'm sure but they will still pull you over to check the sticker and probally try and find something else.
            2000 se sport SEVT V6 65K
            1991 mustang gt 5.0. mods
            2011 Lincoln MKX elite AWD
            2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Newcat016 View Post
              Yeah, problem is the state requires the sticker to be between the film and the glass so even if you got the sticker it would screw u over royally trying to get it put on...

              http://www.ct.gov/dmv/lib/dmv/regulations/099g.pdf
              The state keepos the paperwork and the sticker is self-destructing so you can't just go out and "buy" one. Welcome to dealing with the dmv although u have one right around the corner so no big deal, ur just getting screwed since there is no way for you not to have to take them off(what % r they)
              really your •••• out of luck, thats why i never have my windows up, ever. And also why i avoid any large group of flashing blue and red lights...
              the tint on the car is legal in CT. its 35% on the side windows. Also I did have my front windows open. however the rear windows where closed. What got me was I didn't have the front plate on the car. After I gave an answer the cop didn't like, I said I didn't have the plate as I didn't recall on the spot if I had it in the trunk, he asked about the tint. So it was a domino effect.

              As for the check point I had no idea until it was to late, That and it was like 10pm and I was out and moving around the state all day. And as for the sticker I like how when you search for window tint on the DMV webpage and you find the regulation it says nothing about the sticker, its only in the link you just posted.


              Also i wasn't looking to just "buy" stickers. I was wondering where I might be able to go to get the tint inspected and get the sticker. Like when I got the other car tinted there was not mention of this. Also the DMV web page wasn't clear that they did the inspection.
              Last edited by BrApple; 09-13-2010, 05:51 AM.
              - 12 Focus SE
              - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
              - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
              - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
              - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
                Change out the door window glass to stock stuff and after inspection put your tinted glass back in. I even got the inspection with my interior door panels still off and passed .
                my only concern would be the rear window. but according to the rules any percent tint is allowed if there are two side view mirrors on the car.
                - 12 Focus SE
                - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
                - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
                - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
                - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BrApple View Post
                  the tint on the car is legal in CT. its 35% on the side windows.
                  Heres another fun fact, its 35% + Stock window tint so you actually have about a 30%-/+ which is therefore illegal. Its really stupid but what r u going to do. and don't even say that u bought the car from out of state and it was legal, they throw a fit when that happens. As for the plate that sux, i keep mine in my glove box and when they ask i say a little old lady backed into me at the gas station today and knocked it off....has worked before. Lmk what happens
                  Summer-Ebony 3L MTX-Stripped-SVT-Topshop-ST220-Koni-Roush-Aircougar
                  Winter-Lazer 2.5L MTX-Torsen-Stock+snow tires ftw

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Newcat016 View Post
                    Heres another fun fact, its 35% + Stock window tint so you actually have about a 30%-/+ which is therefore illegal. Its really stupid but what r u going to do. and don't even say that u bought the car from out of state and it was legal, they throw a •••• fit when that happens. As for the plate that sux, i keep mine in my glove box and when they ask i say a little old lady backed into me at the gas station today and knocked it off....has worked before. Lmk what happens
                    well the pdf you link to, and I saw said 32% total. Like i said I had the plate in the trunk but wasn't 100% possitive. I didn't put up a fight because, well, I was breaking the law with the plate. The tint and trying to get my on exhaust was all from the plate. luckly the plate is easy to take care of. Also I had the bra on the car so it would have been alittle hard to say that the plate was knock off.

                    as for the car being from out of state, the tint was illegal in PA, but its legal for CT!
                    - 12 Focus SE
                    - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
                    - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
                    - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
                    - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      love how unclear different parts of the DMV website are.

                      http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=799&Q=245366

                      here is says that DMV applies the sticker after testing. The warning I got was specific for not having the tint sticker. Gotta call dmv and find out what the deal is with testing. And it says 35% plus or minus 3%. so that should let a factory window with tint pass.
                      - 12 Focus SE
                      - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
                      - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
                      - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
                      - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BrApple View Post
                        The tint and trying to get my on exhaust was all from the plate. luckly the plate is easy to take care of.
                        This is the exact reason why I mounted my front plate again. I kept getting pulled over for not having it and then they start to look around at the car.... tint, no inside rear view mirror, eyebrow too low, exhaust, etc..... Ever since I mounted the plate I havn't been pulled over .
                        *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
                        25 Contour / Mystiques and counting......
                        I'M POWDER COATING AGAIN! PM ME FOR REQUESTS.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
                          This is the exact reason why I mounted my front plate again. I kept getting pulled over for not having it and then they start to look around at the car.... tint, no inside rear view mirror, eyebrow too low, exhaust, etc..... Ever since I mounted the plate I havn't been pulled over .
                          I knew this is what would happen. I have never been stopped for not having a plate or having tint. This was a check point and by the time I knew what was going on it was to late to avoid it. It was a matter of time. Yes I am thinking about just putting the plates on the cars now.
                          - 12 Focus SE
                          - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
                          - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
                          - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
                          - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BrApple View Post
                            love how unclear different parts of the DMV website are.

                            http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=799&Q=245366

                            here is says that DMV applies the sticker after testing. The warning I got was specific for not having the tint sticker. Gotta call dmv and find out what the deal is with testing. And it says 35% plus or minus 3%. so that should let a factory window with tint pass.
                            so reading the actual spec .... 32% light tranmittance, plus or minus 3%. so it sound slike with the factory tint and 35% tint as long as it above 29% its good to go.

                            So what I was told to do was to go to DMV and I would get a reciept for passing tint that I would use in the future if i was stopped and questioned about the tint.
                            Last edited by BrApple; 09-13-2010, 09:53 AM.
                            - 12 Focus SE
                            - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
                            - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
                            - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
                            - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              so the plot thickens. I just got off the phone with DMV. I was told there are no stickers except for medial reasons. The website says medical doesn't get stickers and that everyone else does. The warning says it was for not having a sticker .......
                              - 12 Focus SE
                              - 95 Mystique LS <-sold
                              - 99 Contour SE Sport <- traded in 2/13
                              - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
                              - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X