• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

I'm not sure if anyone here runs a Baer kit but I found one major issue with that kit. The fricken rotors are drilled too large for the lug holes so when you give it gas and then hit the brakes the rotors shift slightly and clunk on the lugs. It has happened for years and has always pissed me off. I thought it was a suspension arm making noise but I couldn't track it down. The rim bolts on and pinches the rotors but they still slip and clunk under braking. I ran a drill bit through the rotors and the hub and put a centering pin in each along with a retaining clip on the back side to hold the pin in. The clunk is finally gone! Woohoo! I also had the car aligned and it drives great now.

Wow. For a high end brake kit that is rather embarrassing. Nice work, amazing what a solid car with no clunks can feel like after living with them for a long time. :)

Had to gut the catalytic converter in my BAT SS y-pipe, seems a large chunk of it had broke loose and was rattling around in there. Made my car sound like a huge pile for a couple weeks until I couldn't tolerate it any longer. Added a little bit of volume and rasp at higher RPM, but doesn't sound too bad. I checked the old BAT site is still up, but they don't list the y pipe anymore. Going to rock it like this for a while, but the exhaust sure stinks.

Rolled over 60,000 miles about a week ago :O

I have been lurking through the forums, and I must say, I do miss having an svt. Been on the look out for a 3l for a time. Still looking.

Tyler

I have been lurking through the forums, and I must say, I do miss having an svt. Been on the look out for a 3l for a time. Still looking.

Tyler

I'm feeling the itch again too and have been actively searching for another 100 mile-a-day commuter. An SVT would be ideal, but would consider a clean low mile SE w/V6 ~ 5 speed.

I still have my insane stock of spare Contour/Mystique parts stashed in the attic of my garage.

Hey I'll just throw this out there for all the MN/WI peeps. When my house gets built I'll have a party in my shop for all the CEG'ers fingers crossed this will happen in the next 4-5 months. Maybe at that point some of you can help put the rest of my car together haha.

Hey I'll just throw this out there for all the MN/WI peeps. When my house gets built I'll have a party in my shop for all the CEG'ers fingers crossed this will happen in the next 4-5 months. Maybe at that point some of you can help put the rest of my car together haha.

I will be there.

Minne-so-ta

Winning

Also that party I mentioned a few years ago. I have a feeling this year, this summer… it happens.

Back