• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

North Central Regional Classifieds

WTB a passenger side steering knuckle

WTB a passenger side steering knuckle

I am looking for NIB or lowest possible miles I can get. My current one is chewing up wheel bearings and I would like to get one.

To my knowledge these are no longer sold new and junkyards don't want to sell just the knuckle and I really don't have the time to drive to a pick and pull for one.

Thanks

I've never had a problem buying a knuckle from the local junk yards. How are they trying to sell it to you? It's usually in the $30-75 range. BTW it's listed as a "hub" on www.car-parts.com so maybe that's why you can't find it. There are a bunch listed in MN.

I didn't even ask the mechaninc. I will today when I call.

Yea that might be why I was having a hard time finding them. Thanks for the heads up.

Greetings all, I hope all is well with all the northward CEGrs. I cant wait to peruse the sight and play catch-up on what has gone on over the past few years. You all are/were a great bunch and I'm curious to see who all is still at it.

I'm going to list my 99 SVT for sale in the very near future. Before listing it for the masses, I wanted to throw it up on here in the hopes that it might go to a home that would really appreciate her. Below are some quick specs without getting too specific. All told, it has well over $15K in extras thrown in and just cleared 40K miles. I can provide more detail upon request.

- full body repaint in pear white
- full 2 tone custom leather interior with schroth 3 point harnesses driver and passenger, custom SVT headliner
- vortech supercharger assembly (splines in jackshaft are shredded but all other components functioning)
- extra trunk lid, also in white with full light deck (currently installed 98 trunk lid)
- short throw
- in dash DVD and sound system (2 amps, subs, speakers etc.)
- lowered with Eibach (I seem to recall replacing shocks too but I don't quite remember)
-custom A pillar gauge pod
- newer tires

I hate to give her up but life just gets in the way of giving an automobile like this the attention it deserves. Back in bachelorhood, I was always wrenching on this or that (hence not remembering all of the specific maintenance I completed on the SVT). I just don't have the time for it anymore and I need the garage space. This thing has been garaged for most all of its life and babied despite all of the extras. I was always afraid to screw it up when it was my daily driver. I had always indented to keep it and autocross it but, again, life gets in the way.

It did not start when I went to fire it up this spring. It turned over just fine but the fuel pump did not cycle. It is an aftermarket in line Walborough and it may be as simple as a connection on the pump - could be a bad pump too though, or bad gas (it was seafomed though). The side skirts are currently not on the vehicle but they are in tact and complete with jack covers. I also had an extra set of touring rims and tires but they are sitting amidst other race wheels in a barn - not sure of their condition at this point.

As I type this I am getting all nostalgic and am tempted to rush to the garage to tinker but its time to part ways :(

PM me if you have any interest or an offer in mind. There is a possibility I will be moving out of state for work in the next couple months as well, in which case I will need to expedite the sale. I will not get around to listing it in through autotrader etc. for a few weeks but let me know soon if you have any interest at all.

take care all!

Bump.

The white SVT has spent another winter in the garage. I am still looking to part with it and will be wheeling it out now that the snow is gone for pics and a formal listing.

I would much prefer it goes to a fellow CEGr. I would imagine at this point that you would need to drop/drain the gas tank. I haven't landed on a listing price but I would entertain any offer. I would likely ask for something just north of $2K. Or take something in trade. 952-452-1939

I'm interested in the vortec kit, blower, adapters, fittings, etc. Would you mind selling this separate, or whoever buys it, mind providing some pictures of it? Thanks!

I brought a spare knuckle with me, though I don't know if it's passenger or driver side -- either way, it has a new bearing and no problems. I didn't use it long cause its from a Cougar, and Cougars have a different tie rod end which is thinner.

My contour is back on the market. I got a steering knuckle for it but my mechanic is saying it's too rusty to work with and the wife is fed up putting money into this car. So first reasonable cash offer can take it. Please PM if you'd like pictures or more details on the cars condition. I will answer any and all questions to the best of my ability.

I am asking 500 OBO without the wheels or 800 OBO with them. WIll come with stock E1s that have snow tires on them.

The bad:
Rusty rockers
Summer tires are shot
All four end links need to be replaced
Rear bumper is damaged (but I still have the mesh minus some tabs)
Paint is scratched, cracked and dinged but no major dents or blemishes other than the rust
Front mesh is cracked but the bumper is still intact
Passenger side steering knuckle needs to be replaced
Passenger side front wheel bearing is bad
Antenna mast is broken

The good:
Port matched 3L with about 104,000 done by blackcoog (untuned)
New precats
NO CELs
Bat Euro handling kit, upper strut mounts front and rear and lower control arms w/ lower ball joints less than a year old
Ford Racing Gold wheels will come with the car for an added price
Weapon r intake with Pro-M maf (currently not installed)
Ralco STS with (B&M knockoff) and Focus ST knob (currently not installed)
Ford factory 1999 manuals
Torsen T-2 diff with 4.06 FD and less than 25k miles on it also installed by blackcoog with 4.06 FD

Last edited:
My contour is back on the market. I got a steering knuckle for it but my mechanic is saying it's too rusty to work with and the wife is fed up putting money into this car. So first reasonable cash offer can take it. Please PM if you'd like pictures or more details on the cars condition. I will answer any and all questions to the best of my ability.

I am asking 500 OBO without the wheels or 800 OBO with them. WIll come with stock E1s that have snow tires on them.

The bad:
Rusty rockers
Summer tires are shot
All four end links need to be replaced
Rear bumper is damaged (but I still have the mesh minus some tabs)
Paint is scratched, cracked and dinged but no major dents or blemishes other than the rust
Front mesh is cracked but the bumper is still intact
Passenger side steering knuckle needs to be replaced
Passenger side front wheel bearing is bad
Antenna mast is broken

The good:
Port matched 3L with about 104,000 done by blackcoog (untuned)
New precats
NO CELs
Bat Euro handling kit, upper strut mounts front and rear and lower control arms w/ lower ball joints less than a year old
Ford Racing Gold wheels will come with the car for an added price
Weapon r intake with Pro-M maf (currently not installed)
Ralco STS with (B&M knockoff) and Focus ST knob (currently not installed)
Ford factory 1999 manuals
Torsen T-2 diff with 4.06 FD and less than 25k miles on it also installed by blackcoog with 4.06 FD

If ya still got her in a couple of weeks, I'll be in a position to take her off your hands. I also live in Minneapolis, btw. :)

Anybody interested in a CF OEM style hood? I am thinking about going back to the stock one. :crazy:

In like new condition, $350 obo?

IMG_3069copy.jpg

Back