• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NW Region Classifieds

Pudmonkie HEATSHIELD... fits rather snug to fender and hood, it worked with my K&N open filter and both a BAT intake pipe and a stock accordion tube. Looking for offers for a local 'Tourite. I'm not on here as much lately, but if someone posts an ignored response, I could get a wake up call from several individuals here.

For Sale: Single-owner 1995 Teal Metallic Contour SE 175k miles. Rare combo: V6, 5sp MTX, ABS, traction control, cloth seats. Stock except for Stillen front rotors.

Doesn’t run - long story (probably blown engine). No parting out. You pick up from South Seattle area.

For Sale: Single-owner 1995 Teal Metallic Contour SE 175k miles. Rare combo: V6, 5sp MTX, ABS, traction control, cloth seats. Stock except for Stillen front rotors.

Doesn’t run - long story (probably blown engine). No parting out. You pick up from South Seattle area.

And how much are you looking to get from this ride?

(Gee, I HOPE to be in the market for another Contour if I don't get mine back soon...
All of the questionable crim charges have been dismissed and now so also her civil order has been dismissed.
Be on the lookout for a silver CSVT with E1 wheels, a trunk spoiler and no sideskirts)

Mr. Jbalch, moderator sir, I DO still have that heatshield.

Here's a thought... Mr. Jbalch, didn't you have a buddy who did metal work and generated several battery tie downs? Might that friend want to check out a pudmonkie heatshield as a possible template, they might be easily duplicated and were in high demand compared to tupperware tubs and under-hood hot air intakes. And several people here (Shotwell, AussieFord, qwikndrty for example) have my cell number.

I needs me some SVT body parts

I needs me some SVT body parts

Rear bumper cover, jackpoint covers, and be on the look out for side skirts, a stored one of mine is good but I am so overdue to visit it I don't recall which side that one is.
First choice color wise is SF, but I'm not picky if I can find a cheap community college paint shop (thanks for the heads up on that Bill).

And a fresh 3L would be nice...

And some A/C components...

and two E1 wheels with drag radials.

And a pony and a puppy. What? It's NOT Christmas?

Hey All, its been forever since I have been on these forums. But I'm really selling my SVT this time around and would love to give it to someone who appreciates these vehicles. 1998.5 with tons of mods and a HUGE stereo system that was $5000+. Only 67K real miles, 18 inch chrome Rims, CF hood, stock wheels too, I got the group buy body kit with side skirts and BMW style rear end that I never painted or installed. Now don't get me wrong, she needs some love and some $ invested into her to get her working again. My main thing is I need to buy at least 2 new optima yellow top batteries ($500) for the stereo cause otherwise she wont keep a charge. I also have a tire that has a slow leak that needs replaced ($100). There are also some holes in the rear trunk lid from a wing I used to have on the car. If anyone is interested I'm looking for $3,000 as is, or $4000 if I gotta fix her up completely. In all honesty, you could strip all the stereo components (amps and subs) and sell them for $1000 or more on ebay. I've been the sole owner since 2000. Any real inquiries call or txt me at 206-931-8181. Non smoker. Old pics are here: http://dialandsurf.com/contour/ the rear wing is no longer on the car. Local pickup preferred. Jared.

Why don't you bring this to the next PNW gathering that is being planned on? Get this ride posted on the Classifieds. Definitely a looker!!! GOOD LUCK!

Divesting the contours

Divesting the contours

Hello friends in Contourland.
My wife has finally convinced me to throw the towel in and sweep out the garage.
Everything has to go asap. I don't have the space or the time to part these out.
Here's what I have:

----------------------------------------------------------

1995 Contour GL V6 auto - clean title - all there but does not run - selling whole.
Midnight Red/Opal Grey velour
e/w full length console, A/C, light group, speed control and power windows.
Currently wearing a nice set of 15" 7-spoke wheels w/ good tires from the SE below.
We've loved this car for 20 years, but it was dripping all kinds of fluids on the driveway, so last fall I took it off the road to reseal it (new head gaskets, rebuild the ps pump, replace the ps high pressure hose, etc, etc.). The bad news is that I cannot get it to run again. The engine cranks but the ECU sees something it doesn't like so won't provide fuel or spark. I've replaced the injector harness with a better one (but still not perfect) and cleaned up most of the broken wiring insulation at all of the various terminals, checked continuity from all terminal leads to either the PCM or the ICM, scratched my head a lot, tried holding my tongue just right, etc, etc.
Other than the fact that it won't start, the only other thing wrong is the left rear door is wrinkled from being sideswiped. I buffed it out :) so it doesn't look horrible, but it is wrinkled.

1996 Contour SE V6 MTX - clean title - non-running roller with many under-hood parts missing - selling whole.
Electric Red/Tan leather
Moon roof.
This came to me with a bad engine and I wanted to do a full oval port 3L (see engine below) until wife said she didn't like tan interiors.
I've taken a couple of under-hood parts off of it for the '95.
Body is decent, SE sills and trunk lip spoiler are there, including jack-point covers.
The interior is the prize on this one. Tan leather SE seats are very nice. Would look really great in a green car.

3L DOHC Duratec from a 2004 Taurus
SVT cams installed. 2.5L front cover installed. Was going to do a full oval port build for the red SE but...

SVT cat-back exhaust (dual outlet all stainless)

BAT high flow cat

SVT E-0 rims (4)

various other odds and sods that I will update this posting with as I come across them.

PM me for more info and/or prices.

Last edited:
So what are you telling us? These are being sold as whole units or is the latter ride being sold by the piece? Maybe post some pricing for us "dreamers", as many of us have wives/significant others that will also want to convince us these 'Tours are not for us ;-)

Rear bumper cover, jackpoint covers, and be on the look out for side skirts, a stored one of mine is good but I am so overdue to visit it I don't recall which side that one is.
First choice color wise is SF, but I'm not picky if I can find a cheap community college paint shop (thanks for the heads up on that Bill).

And a fresh 3L would be nice...

And some A/C components...

and two E1 wheels with drag radials.

And a pony and a puppy. What? It's NOT Christmas?

Bob - where are you at on these parts on your list of wants and needs? What did you find out from Sam on the shipping of the rear bumper?

Bill: I got a Greyhound quote and e mailed info on it today to Sam about a rear bumper piece. Have not heard back about access of Randy's lift about checking the vehicle's underside health, and one side skirt may still be at his garage. I'm also down the black plastic piece that runs in the indentation front to back just above the driver's side doors, and I see there was a local 95 tour that almost went to our recent meet that may also be down one of those strips. I'd like to do more looking into the electrical situation this weekend, don't trust the alternator and battery charging system to take it far if anywhere. If the car is back safe/legal soon, I'll still need some a/c parts for keeping windowns clear during monsoon season. I know you have some doors, etc.

Back