• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

6th Annual Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords meet

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
This is the 6th Annual gathering. It will once again be at the Hooters on the riverfront in Peoria. The date is Sunday April 26th, which is also the last day of Spring Zing.

At this time I am leaning toward going to Spring Zing, but this event is one I love to attend. :-(

Edit: LOCATION CHANGE!!!!

There has been a location change. There was a scheduling conflict at Hooters so the meet will be in the parking lot at the Shoppes at Grand Prairie on the northwest side of Peoria. The gathering was in this same place 2 years ago when the Hooters parking lot was unavailable due to flooding of the Illinois River. The new address is:

The Shoppes at Grand Prairie
5201 W War Memorial Dr
Peoria, IL 61615

I am going to try to make it to this anyway. I'll be flying home that day from Spring Zing, landing in Bloomington at 11AM. I could make it home to get my car and then be there by about 12:30 or 12:45....

IM DEFINITELY PLANNING ON MAKING THIS EVENT AS WELL. JUST ABOUT A 2 HOUR RIDE FOR ME. HOPEFULLY THE TOUR MAKES IT, LOL.
HOW BIG IS THIS EVENT? WORTH THE RIDE?
THANKS

Yes, it usually has a good turnout of over 100 vehicles. Most tend to be Mustangs, but there are others too. Last year there were 4 SVT Contours, including mine, Dave Acker, Juan (naujcdl), and Juan's brother. I'll be getting there a little later than usual since I'll be flying home from SZ that day. Perhaps Don (crewchiefpro) will bring the beast out again.

Also, there has been a location change. There was a scheduling conflict at Hooters so the meet will be in the parking lot at the Shoppes at Grand Prairie on the northwest side of Peoria. The gathering was in this same place 2 years ago when the Hooters parking lot was unavailable due to flooding of the Illinois River. The new address is:

The Shoppes at Grand Prairie
5201 W War Memorial Dr
Peoria, IL 61615

It is this Sunday!

It looks like I probably won't be able to make it. As I mentioned before, I am flying back from SZ that morning so I would have only been there for the last couple hours. But now I have to fly out again on Monday morning for work so I need to take care of things at home (like mow the lawn, etc.)

Hopefully some of you will be able to go to keep representing CEG.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. I've got some wrenching I need to do on the van this weekend, unexpectedly.

Back