This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dyoel182 View Post
    For anyone else that might be true. For Kaos who always talked about cheap performance this and that I'm betting it was a modification that would have put him in a higher class.
    nitrous... wouldn't that be obvious...
    out of the army and back in school.

Originally posted by MxRacer
    you'd have to meet devan. i've taken dumps that weighed more than he does.

Comment

all of the motor things that you listed would take you out of a stock class. it depends on how much your tech inspector knows about cars, and how truthful you want to be. technically a svt UIM on a mystique takes you out of a stock class, but putting one on a non svt tour is legal since it was an option for the tour.

harnesses are legal for all classes if i remember right, but the seats bump you in class even if they are the same weight as stock
      2001 2.5 Cougar with some mods out of commission for now
      1999 SC3L Cougar with more mods
      2014 Ecoboost SE Fusion with floormats and mudflaps!
      '08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 sold to B3NN3TT 4/12/13

Comment

Originally posted by jaged View Post
        but putting one on a non svt tour is legal since it was an option for the tour.
        That would be up to the inspector I think since technically that wasnt an "option" for the regular v6. But then again he wont have a book there in his hand with what the car should have so it will be a judgment call on the spot.
        2000 "Amazon" Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150

Comment

And if it didn't have an SVT sticker on it I doubt he would be able to tell the difference.
          Last edited by ctmystique; 12-22-2008, 03:56 PM. Reason: I doubt it would make you more competetive anyways
          98 SVT #81 silfro

Aircougar Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dyoel182 View Post
            That would be up to the inspector I think since technically that wasnt an "option" for the regular v6. But then again he wont have a book there in his hand with what the car should have so it will be a judgment call on the spot.
            yes it wasnt technically an "option" but you could buy a svt version of the contour. there was never a svt msytique

and even if it didnt have the sticker on it, that little bit of power that you are going to get out of the mod isnt enough to beat a lot of the other cars in that class

we really try to discourage things like this. In the SCCA you dont win any money so we expect everyone to be honest about things. There are people that do stuff like this and they dont think anything about it, but everyone else knows that they are breaking the rules and they are looked down on
            2001 2.5 Cougar with some mods out of commission for now
            1999 SC3L Cougar with more mods
            2014 Ecoboost SE Fusion with floormats and mudflaps!
            '08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 sold to B3NN3TT 4/12/13

Comment

I know in SCCA club racing you can be disqualified and loose points if you are caught cheating in a post race inspection. I'm assuming the same or similar can happen in Solo II.
              98 SVT #81 silfro

Aircougar Performance

Comment

At most autocross events, their not going to check your class and then try to see if your car is within the rules of it. Obvious things like 19 inch wheels will get noticed. Unless your beating really fast drivers at high level events, just try to pick the class that you think you belong in. Chances are, since your driving a contour, your not going to be competitive in whatever class your in. Don't worry about beating as many people that can. Just have fun. The contour is a fun car to drive at an autocross. I've beaten many faster cars in raw time. Unfortunatly my car is in one of the mod classes, so my pax times aren't that fast. I don't care though. It's a lot of fun to drive fast.
                98ish SVT #I dunnohttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3176266
                05 Sentra Spec-V
                86 Merkur XR4TI
                97 GC8 Impreza

Comment

Agreed. As long as a Mini Cooper is in GStock the Contour cant be competitive in that class. I'm still mad they havent bumped it out of there yet.
                  2000 "Amazon" Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150

Comment

Here's an in-car video of my daugther autocrossing my SVT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCDQWDEiCzA
                    1998 Ford Contour SVT
                    Speed world challange #15
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i91ABhD8OSA

Comment

Can you provide details on the equipment and setup of this car? I just watched the vid in your sig too, and saw the exterior shot in another thread. Need more info!!!
                      ~Ben~
                      99 SilFro SVT 2072 4/27/99 prepped track rat

Comment

Originally posted by rollinstylee View Post
                        Can you provide details on the equipment and setup of this car? I just watched the vid in your sig too, and saw the exterior shot in another thread. Need more info!!!
                        You have some more pictures here: http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/u...view=slideshow
                        I will give you more details later by PM.
                        1998 Ford Contour SVT
                        Speed world challange #15
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i91ABhD8OSA

Comment

Wow. Thanks for posting that. Kind of don't know where to begin. I look forward to your PM!
                          ~Ben~

Comment

Hey SS where do you live? If it's close enough I'd love to come and discuss this racing with you. Looked like a lot of fun.

Can you send me what's in the car too?

thanks
                            Ray

Comment

I haven't heard back from him...:(
                              It's unfortunate that the few people who actually have something substantial to contribute in the area of motorsport with this car aren't very involved in the forum.
                              ~Ben~

Comment

Originally posted by SSRacing View Post
                                You have some more pictures here: http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/u...view=slideshow
                                I will give you more details later by PM.
                                OH...

MY....

GOD.....

you have to PM me a parts list and sources. I've never seen most of those parts. are those spax coilovers? and I'd really like to know where you got those camber plates and front LCA's.

best SVT contour EVER !!!

looks like a Rapidfit mondy
                                Originally posted by Pole120;n1796545
                                Find the weak link, make it stronger, find the next one, repeat....

Comment

Working...
                                X