• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Northwoods Shelby Club 2017 track day schedule

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
The Northwoods Shelby Club has announced their 2017 event dates. Mark your calendars. Registration for all events will open 1/1/17. Let your friends know about our 2017 events.

Autobahn Country Club: May 6 & 7. Rates: $225 for Saturday, $185 for Sunday, $350 for both days. Same schedule as this year, Saturday full track from 5:00 PM to Dusk.

Road America: July 6-9. This is again a four day event with Thursday being an advanced day. Rates: Thursday TBD, Friday/Saturday/Sunday: One Day $275, Two Days $485, Three Days $685.

Blackhawk Farms: August 26 & 27. Rates: $185 for one day, $325 for both days.

Gingerman Raceway: September 30 & October 1. Rates $175 for one day, $300 for both days.

Anyone running all days at Autobahn & Blackhawk as well as three days at Road America will receive a free weekend at Gingerman.

I signed up this week for the July Road America weekend (Saturday & Sunday). Anyone want to join me? Even if you aren't able to run on track, come and hang out like Kyle Blindauer (Frosty) did last year.

I signed up this week for the July Road America weekend (Saturday & Sunday). Anyone want to join me? Even if you aren't able to run on track, come and hang out like Kyle Blindauer (Frosty) did last year.

I could probably be talked into that.

I will probably be out again that weekend. Last year was a lot of fun. Hopefully your friend with the Mustang was able to get his charging issues figured out. My car will probably be gone by then, so it'll be fun just to get out trackside so I can hate myself for selling it lol.

Yes, he got the electrical gremlins sorted out. Car is running well again. He'll be there again this year too. My brother in law is coming up with me as well. I'm thinking about trailering the car up just so it is a little more comfortable on the drive up and back.

Update for the Road America event in July... Note that Run group 1 is the crazy people in the race cars and run group 4 is the other end of the spectrum with novice drivers and intermediate drivers with a slower pace (like me).

Road America Saturday updates: Group 2 is sold out, Group 1 has 5 spots open, Group 3 has 3 spots open, Group 4 has over 10 spots open. A link with open spots for each day is on the Motorsportreg.com RA registration link as well as the Road America information page on our website, links attached. The information will be updated daily.

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/wp-conte...Open-Spots.pdf

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...by-club-084517

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/42nd-ann...-road-america/

Saturday, July 8, registration is closed. If you register for Saturday you will be placed on the wait-list. Groups 2 & 3 are sold out. The system doesn't allow closing of individual run groups, 2 & 3, so the best solution is to close registration. We still have three spots open in group 1 and 15 spots in group 4. If you register for group 1 or 4 and spots are still available you will be notified via email that you have been removed from the wait-list. You can then log-in and pay. All run groups for Friday and Sunday are currently open.

Registration will be closing early for Road America in July.

This is your last chance to register for Road America so let your friends know. Early registration will end next Monday, June 12, at 11:59 PM CST. Registrations received after the 12th will be charged a $75 late registration fee. Event registration ends on Monday, June 19, at 11:59 PM CST. Saturday Group 2 is still sold out, we have 4 spots open in group 1, 2 spots in group 3 and 10+ in group 4. If you register for groups 1,3,4 on Saturday you will be placed on the wait-list. If spots are still available you will be removed from the wait-list and the c/c you have on file will be charged. You will receive a confirmation email of your registration. If spots are not available you will be notified via email stating that.

Open Spots: http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2017-RA-Open-Spots-7.pdf

Event is next weekend. Who is planning to come out and say hi on Saturday the 8th? It is free to come out and be a spectator.

If you want to try and get a ride along during one of the sessions, please dress appropriately (long sleeves, long pants, closed shoes) and bring your SA2010 or newer rated helmet. I will have my brother in law with me so I am not sure how many times I can take someone else out besides him. But, better to come prepared than not if the opportunity presents itself.

Back