• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Still got a long way to go but look at these dyno number! 474 ft. lbs. of torque !

crewchiefpro

Hard-core CEG'er
Huge Torque. Unfortunately HP signs off way early because of boost hose failure. I still need to find a tuner for the top end but at 4000 RPM this thing makes 474 Ft. Lbs of Torque.

This was a dyno day, and they can't tune stock ECU Fords. They told me there is another 50 HP missing in the top end. These guys looked interested in fine tuning it, shame they don't have tuning software for Fords.

As a side Note, I was not there since there was a 3 hour wait. They brought the car in and people were laughing at it. Dyno guy said nobody was laughing when it was finished.

Attachments

• photo17246.jpg
    photo17246.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 0
I don't drop the hammer on it in low gear, seems to keep it all together. I think since it spins the tires easily it doesn't shock the axles as hard as if it hooked up.

Yeah, had to learn the same behavior with my supercharged Taurus SHO, as even in low boost (12 psi) with the 3.2L 9:1 engine, it would comfortably put >400HP to the front tires. WOT was basically unusable in 1 and 2 due to traction issues, but in 3 and 4 it just stuck you in the seat. The SHO manual transaxles have a shaft spreading issue at high torque inputs, so I had to re-engineer the box to take that abuse. I need to get that beast running again, I miss it.

The torque numbers from your Contour are just stupid, I love it.

Yeah, had to learn the same behavior with my supercharged Taurus SHO, as even in low boost (12 psi) with the 3.2L 9:1 engine, it would comfortably put >400HP to the front tires. WOT was basically unusable in 1 and 2 due to traction issues, but in 3 and 4 it just stuck you in the seat. The SHO manual transaxles have a shaft spreading issue at high torque inputs, so I had to re-engineer the box to take that abuse. I need to get that beast running again, I miss it.

The torque numbers from your Contour are just stupid, I love it.

I forgot to add, Terry Haines (RIP) did the transaxle with every option he had. 3.54 drive and Quaife (sp?). Spent $2300 or so but it has always held up and shifts like a knife through warm butter. The lower ratio helps control it and lowers RPM by about 500 everywhere.

:) I would have paid anything to watch this thing put down that kind of torque.. and that's at the wheels!!! good god! that's like break the tires loose in triple digit torque.. is the car even driveable without it trying to rip the front end off the car?? lol.. Super awesome.

:) I would have paid anything to watch this thing put down that kind of torque.. and that's at the wheels!!! good god! that's like break the tires loose in triple digit torque.. is the car even driveable without it trying to rip the front end off the car?? lol.. Super awesome.

It is drivable, just not a good drag race car. Super fun car for sure.

Lol. Nice! Can't wait to feel that. I'm still at the 8psi level from the kit. At some point, i'm gonna get a boost controller.

You have the same rods and pistons so I don't see why not. I put 10k miles on mine so far in 2 years at pretty high boost. It runs better and better every day.

Damn that's hot. What a beast.

That is what I call it... Wish you were closer, let you experience it for yourself. I am putting it away for the winter tomorrow because I have to race the big car out west. Sucks to leave it in Illinois. I stay in San Diego for the winter and we already have a Lexus IS Wagon in the race car trailer that my wife prefers to drive. The Beast will stay warm and cozy in a garage until I return.

I'm just above you in WI. Bring it here, I will keep it warm for you.

Stunning idea! Blu and I will be happy to take the car to a Spring track event at Road America and clean out the storage cobwebs, then you can come pick it up. :grin:

Back