• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT full 3.0 dyno

im anxious to see what joeys tune did for my car. i need more are and bigger exhaust but other than that it goes like hell. a dyno run is in order sometime soon. then again i dont want to be disappointed when i dont get the numbers i was hoping for. if i got the same numbers or close to your id be happy. im pretty sure im close.

Ouch! Was the KKM imploding at mid/high RPMs on that 3L??? Get that crap off and run again. Don't change anything else and see what you get.

Thank me later.

IIRC, his run was done several years ago.

But do dyno numbers really matter? To me, as long as i can get down to a 14 flat quarter mile or very close to, i'll be happy.

You can't fine tune your fuel map by seeing what you run in the quarter, so yes, dyno numbers really matter. Both are measures of different types of performance, neither of which Contours particularly excel at.

yeah thats not all that matters. high HP is awsome dont get me wrong. but midrange rules the streets (no its not street racing) for diriveability and low end grunt

No argument SVT cams are better suited for higher engine speeds but you don't need split ports. Again, depends on your use of the vehicle. From my standpoint, I'm never anywhere I could really use highspeed power nor am I in the throttle constantly. Passing power and acceleration in the lower gears is why I went with a small port full 3L.

Nothing that hasn't been said before. The engine should be tuned to your driving style/needs.

Last edited:
Looking at your mod list I see free flowing headers and Y-pipe with a bottleneck at the (stock?) catback. Any chance that's hiding a few horses?

~Mike~

Back