• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock times

Auto-X Fil

CEG'er
Can we make this a sticky? I just realized newcomers don't know about the old forums, so searching really doesn't net them anything.

ATX Zetec: 10-11 to 60, 18-ish in the quarter
MTX Zetec: 8.8 to 60, 16.8 in the quarter
ATX Duratec: 8.7 to 60, 16.7 in the quarter.
MTX Duratec: 7.7 to 60, 15.8 quarter
SVT Duratec: 6.9 to 60, 14.9 quarter

A few notes: these are probably best-case times for cars in like-new condition. These assume a darn good launch and shifting. The MTX Duratec and SVT times are pretty well known - for an average car/driver expect low 8 sec to 60 and low 16s for the non-SVT, and low 7 sec to 60 and low 15s for the SVT. The other three - not many stock ones get run, so it's debatable. You may get lucky and beat the times for those slower cars by a tenth or so, but you might be a solid half-second slower, too.

The sell sheet for my '98 SVT had Ford claiming a 15.7 ET for pure stock, as a disclaimer for the average car/driver notion.

my vertually stock zetec mtx ran a 17.1 at SZ (my first time at the track). and we all know how bad that track was. it dynoed at 121 hp and 123 ft/lbs according to calculations it should be about a 16.4 but like you said its very driver dependent.

oh those numbers were put down on a car with 227xxx miles on the clock. all original, even the clutch)

SVT Duratec: 14.9 quarter

That's crazy. I can't say I had many perfect runs back when my SVT was stock, and when I was an ameteur behind the wheel, but a 14.9 is pretty hard to believe. I was able to hit the 15.8 stock times that my book claims, and then ran a 15.3 with only a Bassani exhaust and some worn out Kumho Ecsta(rock hard) tires. I'd like to make a pass now with a bone stock SVT, and drive it like I drive mine now. :)

Mark

I'll look at my owner's manual again, but I'm sure it's either 15.7 or 15.8. I have one of the last 75 SVT's ever made, so I'm assuming there were no revisions to the book after mine. I believe there were some differences from earlier model SVT's though, possibly showing faster times? Anyway, I remember hitting a 16.0 my first time at the track, with about 300lbs of stereo equipment in the trunk, and fairly new to driving a manual. Went down again that summer, and ran a 15.8 without the stereo, on a hot day. Those runs were on the factory KDW tires. Installed the Bassani, and ran again at 15.3, with Kumho tires this time, with a 2.3 60' time. Since then, I've only run with the 3L, where I've run anywhere from 15.3 at a crappy track, to a 14.4 at my normal track. I made one pass this summer, and ran a 14.9 @ 94mph, with a crappy 2.3 60' and the heat/humidity killed me! I should be around a 14.2, and will go back again before the track closes. :)

Mark

SVT

7.2-7.5 ~ 0-60mph
15.2-15.4 @ 91mph ~ 1/4 mile

V6 MTX

7.5-7.7 ~ 0-60mph
15.8-15.9 @ 88mph ~ 1/4 mile

You know the old saying. The shift to 3rd gear makes the 0-60 times look abnormally slow. For example just adding 250 rpm to the SVT's redline cuts over 1/2 second off this time. However the car is not accelerating 1/2 second quicker overall but just to the 60mph speed reference point. Statistics are all in how you take them apart.

ATX Zetec: 10-11 to 60, 18-ish in the quarter
MTX Zetec: 8.8 to 60, 16.8 in the quarter
ATX Duratec: 8.7 to 60, 16.7 in the quarter.
MTX Duratec: 7.7 to 60, 15.8 quarter
SVT Duratec: 6.9 to 60, 14.9 quarter
ATX Zetec 11.5-12 to 60, 18.8-19.x in the quarter
Most ATX Duratec are probably a bit slower than that 1/4 mile based on times I've seen on here
And 14.9 for a svt, that's probably happened only like once or twice if that.

ATX Zetec 11.5-12 to 60, 18.8-19.x in the quarter
Most ATX Duratec are probably a bit slower than that 1/4 mile based on times I've seen on here
And 14.9 for a svt, that's probably happened only like once or twice if that.
I agree. Most ATX Duratecs I have seen run 17s in the 1/4.

14.9 im gonna have to say is damn near impossible for a stock svt...my book says either 15.4 or 15.6...but the best ive pulled is a 16.0...which shows how good at driving i am :( haha

SVT

7.2-7.5 ~ 0-60mph
15.2-15.4 @ 91mph ~ 1/4 mile

V6 MTX

7.5-7.7 ~ 0-60mph
15.8-15.9 @ 88mph ~ 1/4 mile

You know the old saying. The shift to 3rd gear makes the 0-60 times look abnormally slow. For example just adding 250 rpm to the SVT's redline cuts over 1/2 second off this time. However the car is not accelerating 1/2 second quicker overall but just to the 60mph speed reference point. Statistics are all in how you take them apart.

over 1/2 second off the 60mph time or the 1/4 mile? either way 5 tenths is a pretty big margin

Because of the 6750 redline, you tach out at just shy of 60 (57-58mph) Adding 250rpm to the redline allows a redline of just OVER 60mph.

It doesn't speed the car up at all, just drops the reference time of 0-60mph down by about a half second (redline, shift from 2nd to 3rd, engage, accelerate 2 mph) Its all in how you look at it. The stock redline gives it a half second SLOWER 0-60.

hmm i did 15.6 on a 1/4mile on my crappy track at a very hot and humid day with 2.24 for the 60s ft. and on a g-tech i did 6.7sec to 60mph...dunno how accurate that thing is though...allseason tires and almost stock svt @ 100+ k miles with almost halfway full gas tank. ohh and my tires were at 15psi, which helped me with the launch, but slowed me down at the end of the 1/4 mile. the result was a broken differential :(

14.9 is possible to do with a stock car if there is a tornado pushing you from behind:) The best time I have done with my car on the track(people say that it is a crappy and slow track, capitolraceway) was 15.41 .My launch('60ft) was 2.4 and crossed the 1/4 mile at 90.56 mph. The start was kinda slugish but from my experiance with some wheel spin in the beggining I get higher speed in the end which helped me alot. My second fastest run I did "60 ft in 2.87, 1/8 in 9.992, 1/4 in 15.472 at 89.36 mph.
I went to the track with brand new clutch hoping to get better times, but ... I was very disappointed. The best run was 15.519 @ 89.41mph. I had alot of problem with the shifting on the other 5 runs. the gears kept on popping out. I dont know if i was the problem, this is the first time i miss gears in my CSVT in 2 years now!

I agree. Most ATX Duratecs I have seen run 17s in the 1/4.

My best was 17.3 (ATX Duratec) However, the track I raced at has a bad reputation and supposedly, it's 3/10's slower than most accurate tracks. (Capital Raceway; Crofton, MD) The weather was a hot and humid night (July 2005)

If I get a shift kit installed in mine, would it make it much quicker (almost as quick as a MTX Duratec) Perhaps something similar to the transgo shift kit?

Drag racing an Auto car=teh ghey. Unless of course your making decent power (North of 450 at LEAST)

Track times all relative to how high you are in the world (elevation) For instance. My car runs about a second slower than it should (at least) in the 1/4 mile.

Just for reference i've beat a 300ZX twin turbo untell just before the end of the 1/4. So i know how to drive.

Back