• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

253whp / 223 tq

Two fat guys sitting on a Supra trunk... Reminds me when I was a teenager and my eldest brother had a favorite dyno/tuning shop where he took his '67 Mustang (it's probably his fault that I today drive a Ford), one of his trips there, there was a handful of people sitting on the trunk of a mi/late 60s Fairlane with a tunnel port 427 that they were attempting to keep on the rollers... back before those newfangled electronic ignitions and you had to change your points and plugs every few thousand miles. Naysayers didn't believe you could get 200 whp out of an NA 2.5L either, but intake/exhaust/tune is always the big key.

My friend had just gone to the dyno with his turbo mustang and he came back with some huge number enough so that he questioned the shop. They claimed they checked there dyno because they thought it was out of calibration but what had happened is they entered in the wrong weight for his car 6400 instead of 3400. They will be running his car for free to get the real numbers. But yes weight does effect dyno numbers on certian types of dynos. I think those numbers are great though.

My Mustang Dyno'd 540whp and 540 ft-lb tq there. The car ran 10.3 @ 133mph... Street trim, with rear seats removed, full interior other than that, plus a 4 point roll cage in the car. Launching using the foot brake... There will always be conflicting stories regarding anything. Look up the hp numbers and the trap speed, the dyno number doesn't make any sense.

I'm juuust sayin....

Back