• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#0259 On the Dyno for the First Time

nasty1

CEG'er
I took my CSVT over to Dallas Mustang to be dyno tuned yesterday. Archie over at DM does SCT tuning on their Dynojet and has a fair amount of experience on a variety of ford platforms. I learned he has been at it for 20+ years so while this was the first Contour he had tuned I was pretty comfortable with the car in his hands.

It was an overcast but warm Texas day (low 90s for the high) and rained later in the day. There were 8 total pulls and the car ended up putting down 191HP/188TQ on the final tune.
MmKjzUm.jpg

These number seem to be inline with what others are seeing with my mods, so I'm fairly happy. I won't lie, I was hoping for some dyno magic, but I'll settle for performing as expected.

The car was also having some surging at idle or coming off of WOT. Archie was able to sort this out, which makes the car much more drivable. I'll likely take the car out later today to put her to the test, as it was raining like crazy when I drove her home.

Here she is up on the rollers. It was an elevated dynojet using a lift.
cPlVPl2.jpg

Considering it was a Mustang Dyno, those numbers seem right. Mustang Dyno's will read 12-14% lower then your average dyno jet and are MUCH more sensitive to the operators inputs.

-Sam

The shop isn't called dallas mustang, the dyno is a dynojet according to the sheet, and what OP mentioned.

The shop isn't called dallas mustang, the dyno is a dynojet according to the sheet, and what OP mentioned.

That is correct. It was a dyno jet. It seems though that cars with similar mods are putting down close numbers on dyno jet. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I should also mention I have 3L cams, not SVT.

Back