• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who here has the fastest csvt?

I didn't do anything crazy with the gear box. Had Terry build me a box with Euro 4th and 5th gear (4th is 1.114 and 5th is .853). We tried a 3.81 FD but had to change back to 4.06 because the lower drive wouldn't pull 5th gear. So when you run the numbers it takes 8000 RPMs to go 167mph which is right where my motor is making peak HP.

Still working on putting together a trip to Bonneville this year. Class record in F/PRO is 167.3 mph.

Rob

I didn't do anything crazy with the gear box. Had Terry build me a box with Euro 4th and 5th gear (4th is 1.114 and 5th is .853). We tried a 3.81 FD but had to change back to 4.06 because the lower drive wouldn't pull 5th gear. So when you run the numbers it takes 8000 RPMs to go 167mph which is right where my motor is making peak HP.

Still working on putting together a trip to Bonneville this year. Class record in F/PRO is 167.3 mph.

Rob

Let me know when you're going. I've always wanted to see Bonneville.

rob walton is the MAN. i was privileged enough to get a ride in his car around nelsons ledges road course at spring zing. amazing experience......

Back