• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2016

Having SZ in the center of the state would make it more "Fair" to everyone, but it's more about who is actually willing to go and the central meeting point for those people. I mean I think there are more people on the east coast that will go to spring zing then the west. I know we have the central north group in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Then the southern group in Florida. Then the central east group, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, and all. And maybe hopefully people from Pennsylvania, ohio, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Illinois, and Indiana will come too. I haven't heard from the west coast. I mean it would also be cool to do a west side SZ for people there too. But I like the Tennessee idea. Alot of fun curvy roads, attractions, and all for everyone.

West Coast here. Seattles adding slowly, Decent size enthusiasts in Oregon. I know we would go to a SZ if the driving was manageable. We have some guys out here who have been in the scene (out here) for a while. More people from Cali are popping up too. And I believe there are some Colorado people online as well. We do have meetups and such but I dont dare call them a "Spring Zing" altho they may equal in size.

I like the way neco does their figuring for cougar fest. Who ever wants to host puts together a proposal with things to do, places to stay, see etc. Then take the proposals and vote on them. The one that has the most votes wins. They go where ever they will get the greatest turnout. Even if its the same place 3 out of 6 years.

All excellent comments. The whole thing is the ownership base, and hence my suggesting something in the middle of the USA, as we can't possibly make everyone happy. Denver comes to mind strictly as an example. AMGBA (American MGB Association) rotates theirs from coast to coast and then central locations as well. NECO has a fine system also. At some point in time we will need to do a "joint venture" with another marque, such as the NECO group. This would increase the ownership base. Again, these are nothing more than my "2 cents worth".

I like the way neco does their figuring for cougar fest. Who ever wants to host puts together a proposal with things to do, places to stay, see etc. Then take the proposals and vote on them. The one that has the most votes wins. They go where ever they will get the greatest turnout. Even if its the same place 3 out of 6 years.

We've done it that way in the past. I think interest has dropped off to the point that people are just happy someone is willing to step up and organize.

I'll drive to a little weekend bash anytime but SZ needs to be a destination. Three days of great food, beer, and car activities. Literally stitch together three evenings of great local food, a place to drink and hang out, and have a little fun during the day on a local cruise, autocross and even a track day if people will pay for it. Florida is amazing, but to get all the cars there? I would almost cater to SE region only and call in the big guns from local car clubs to beef up attendance. At least the people flying in can still see a great car show and have great food on a weekend getaway.

I know we can get those 90+ numbers from ten years ago, it just has to be done right.

Currently thinking April. Pending final date to coincide with the local Cars N Coffee event scheduled for that month.

Back to Ohio. Have a Mid Ohio road course fun day! Then go to Lexington for go cart action. And I haven't thought of the rest...but Ohio for sure!

I'm in St. Louis and I'd definitely check out just about anywhere for a good meet. Then again I drive for a living so everything is "right up the road". There's a couple guys local to here and Illinois that I see driving around occasionally but I know of only one who is on the forum. So as of now what locations are top 3?

Ian

I can pull 5+ guys from the west coast who can come out.. looks like we're outnumbered if were to vote on a location closer to us but still.. Iit would be fun to fly out for a weekend and what not. wish I could bring my car :(
Seattle to Tennesee is 36 hour drive ha

Yes Have we decided yet? I am in PA and will do my absolute BEST to make it for sure.. as long as it's not in Cali or too far into the west coast!

Back