• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2017

squeek

Hard-core CEG'er
Spring Zing 2017
April 21-23

Ford Contour SVT'S introduction 20th anniversary

Alton, Virginia @ Virginia Interational Raceway

***Hotel info***

Comfort Inn & Suites
100 Tower Dr
Danville, VA
(434)793-200

Call and our code is CEG.
Only way we can a group rate there is 15 rooms. The rate is $77 + tax. Now the dates are setup for April 21-23, but if you plan to arrive earlier or stay an extra night they will honor the rate.

https://www.choicehotels.com/virginia/danville/comfort-inn-hotels/va367?source=gyxt

Now on Friday I am working on a brewery tour at a local brewery. Anyone that wants to attend let me know ASAP. This brewery has live music that night.

https://www.facebook.com/2witcheswinebrew/

Friday: Mid-day - Check-in and meet at Hotel (more info coming)

Saturday: Early morning breakfast for anyone particapating on the track. Morning inspections at the track for track particapation. All others will eat then wash and wax. Setup at the vir for car show particapation, wander track paddock where track cars will be setup. Pro-Dyno will have there portable setup. The Ferrari's will also be setup for there runs on the track. Lunch time the track will be open for parade laps. We can either eat at the snack bar or I can arrange something else. Car show awards from the svt mustang group based on our grouping. Then we will have our own awards awarded. Door prizes will be awarded during the day.

Sunday: morning breakfast gathering is optional, but encouraged.

This is the link to the SVT SUPERFEST page. You will find all information regaurding car show, parade laps, hyperdrive, and full track runs.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=19427

On this post I'd like to have members sign up with number of guests. So further arrangments can be made for hotel, dinning, and activities.

PLEASE CHECK BACK I'LL BE MAKING UPDATES ON EVENTS.

Package A - $330.00
¤Saturday Track Only = $275.00
¤Event Tee = $20.00
¤Saturday Night Banquet = $35.00 includes raffle tickets for door prizes.

Package A1 - $350.00
¤Package A from above plus
¤Car Show Saturday Only = $20.00

Package B - $135.00
¤Hyperdrive - (one track session with your car and an instructor) = $75.00
¤Event Tee = $20.00
¤Saturday Night Banquet = $35.00 includes raffle tickets for door prizes.

Package B1 - $155.00
¤Package B from above plus
¤Car Show Saturday Only = $20.00

Package B2- $185.00
¤Package B1 from above plus
¤Parade laps w/ event t-shirt- $30.00

Package C - $85.00
¤Car Show Saturday Only = $20.00 Includes your car load of friends/family
¤Parade laps = $20.00
¤Event Tee = $20.00
¤Car show/parade/T-shirt combo discount -$10.00
¤Saturday Night Banquet = $35.00

ala carte:
Spectator Car load of people = $20.00
Car Show Saturday Only = $20.00 Includes your car load of friends/family
Saturday Night Banquet = $35.00

The price on the banquet is per person. Only track participants will get these raffle tickets as they are prizes provided by mustang club. We will have our own raffle tickets available for Spring Zing participants. If you don't plan on participating in the show or track. I'm sure members will allow you to ride to the track with them. Thus avoiding the $20 fee to drive in.

Last edited:
1) squeek (Adam) 2 guests
2) superob (Robbie) 1 guest possibly
3) SoundQ SVT (Bob) solo <-- planning to arrive Thursday evening

I really wish I could do a sz! But theres never an event along the midwest or even the west coast! Waiting for sz Denver 2018!

I really wish I could do a sz! But theres never an event along the midwest or even the west coast! Waiting for sz Denver 2018!

Catch a flight and come hang out. It'll still be fun.

I'm in 2 destination weddings this year, so this really isn't looking good for me :-(.

didn't miss it April 21st-23rd, in Virginia. there should be another thread that is more specific on the location.

Yeah, that was ninja-edited in after I commented.

I can't even navigate this forum effectively since the upgrade.

And the Facebook group is embarrassing.

Sorry, and thanks for updating the original post, Adam.

There is a pinned post on the fb group. I tried inviting everyone. I'm sorry if i missed anyone. Hoping to have hotels setup in the next week.

FYI - this is why you want to pay the money to go on the track. This video is from Spring Zing 2014 from my 4th and final session on the track. Yes the video quality is bad at times, nothing I could do about it at the time...

Been rather crazy trying to get everything in order. I would be thinking either package B1 or C, though I am curious why a hyperdrive at $75 would be $100 in the package, or is there something I am missing?

I had a mathematical blackout while preparing the package summary for Adam. Package B is actually $130, not $175....

Need more sign ups!

I am in for package A for sure.

1) squeek (Adam) 2 guests
2) superob (Robbie) 1 guest possibly
3) SoundQ SVT (Bob) solo <-- planning to arrive Thursday evening
4) tigerbalm (Jason) +1 guest

If we plan on driving the track do we need to join one of the groups listed on the SVT superfest page?

You don't if you are doing hyperdrive or parade laps. Now full day of track yes. You have to meet the mechanical requirements for full track and hyperdrive.

A newly refurbished #2119 and I will be there. Considering the drive, I'm shooting for a Thursday evening arrival.

Back