• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Last call for Spring Zing 2018

squeek

Hard-core CEG'er
This is gonna be the last call for submissions of plans for Spring Zing 2018. If you have an idea for Spring Zing, submit your proposal here. Include enough details to show you have given it some thought. Have a rough layout of the timeline and potential activities. Include date recommendations if you expect to link in to another event or partner with another group

The window for submissions closes end of day December 24, and then a poll to vote on the location based on the submissions be open for 1 week, ending on 12/31.

Whoever gets selected to host will need some time to line everything up. Also people need to get vacation requests submitted and money saved, so we need to get this selection done.

These are the guides Bob had used and I completely agree. Spring Zing is a time honored event. With this year being the 20th anniversary of the svt contour. I'd like to see a gathering celebrate this occasion. Keep in mind when putting together your plans some key factors. Lodging, food, access to areas, and cruising. I'll help anyone in anyway i can.

Thank you.

One week left.

Is anyone even working on a proposal?

Hopefully the people wanting Spring Zing to be at Carlisle are putting something together for us to consider.

I've thought about hosting a Spring Zing here in Central Illinois. I even mentioned it at SZ this year that I was thinking about putting something together for 2018. Then the Carlisle suggestion was put forth so I shelved my thoughts for another year.

However, I may go ahead and put something together for consideration anyway to give people a choice, and to prod the Carlisle people to put a formal proposal together.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Carlisle idea. I already have hotel reservations made starting the weekend before to make a vacation out of it. But if this is truly to be a Spring Zing, there must be more organization and activities than just going to the car show itself. It is time to share the plans with the group.

Not sure what would be put together. Having been to Carlisle in the past there are events and things that happen all day. There is a burnout competition, there is auto cross, discussion panels, swap meet, etc.

So outside of that I could see group dinners and a cruise at some point over the weekend. Then the normal hotel hi-jinx, but it will be hard to get everyone at the same place, as its a very busy weekend.

So unless the locals want to host everyone, not sure what else would happen.

Although I am one of the few to second the idea of Carlisle, PA. I am not of any use to setup something. I am coming from Allentown area, (about 2 hrs away from Carlisle)

For those wondering here is a Link to what we are speaking about, just copy and paste.
June-1-3 Fri-Sun Carlisle, PA.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx

This is just my own ideas..

The Events alone at the Carlisle Event to ME are reason enough we should do it there seriously.. it's 20 years for SVT contour..what better place to be??? Then the LARGEST Ford auto show/auto-x/competition your going to find. Period.

Cost are worth it, here is a Link to local Hotels, just punch in how many peopl.. just to speed things up so u guys can get an Idea, and I bet if we book now it would be dirt cheap..

https://www.booking.com/searchresul...z6sOpbwCQU9EPb_e1WbWNI9Uy_Dq_ZhoCpKMQAvD_BwE&

again, with all the "Ford" fun and flair there isn't much you won't be able to do with your car..

Can you imagine the look on all the other Ford people to see us there in mass?? lol

Each day would have to include some kind of group oriented fun obviously, raffles, prizes, and admiring each other cars, maybe plenty of ride alongs..Or a few hours for some amazing photo shoot stuff. (the idea of like 30some SVT Contours at Ford nationals in mass with HD pics...is epic)

If I were to throw out something, coming from a life-long PA'er, I would say it would be great to split the weekend/days say one day driving north for 2hours up towards Williamsport (little league museum, AMAZING back roads with some of the best country side) The spend later half of day doing things in Carlisle..

Then the following day, partake in multiple things at Carlisle, (then say the later half of the day) drive East this time again same premise, amazing sights, beautiful country side... U get the idea.

Pennsylvania is extremely beautiful state, and the country side does NOT disappoint. The great thing about being in Carlisle it's roughly in the middle of the state.. so a hour or so even from the place and your in the mountains pouring through the twisty's at speed..

There would be plenty of farms just opening, (rember it would be June 1-3) along the way.. and places to dine/rest/lodge.

My 2cents..

Ok, so now what? Who's going to set up the vote to decide between Carlisle and Peoria as the location for SZ 2018? Or did I miss another proposal besides those 2?

If your Peoria proposal is the choice, then i'd suggest either of the late month dates. preferably not the first weekend in May.

Last edited:
Back