• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spring Zing Information:

I will most likely attend and I’d be down for sharing a room on Fri & Sat night. I’ll firm up my plans by the end of Feb.

From TWOWa2Tuff...

Hotel Information:
I have blocked 10 doubles and 5 king room for our weekend. April 25th-28th. Reservation needs to be down by March 25, 2019!
800-733-7663
Group Code
B094ZING25
Red Roof Inn
29595 Clemens Rd
Westlake, OH 44145

Price for doubles room:
Thursday: $47.84+tax
Friday: $53.62+tax
Saturday: $56.87+tax

Price for king room:
Thursday: $51.97+tax
Friday: $57.74+tax
Saturday: $61.24+tax

Local airports:
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
Akron - Canton Airport
If anyone needs to be picked up or dropped off at the airport, contact me so I can make arrangements.

Also, for the banquet/award show on Saturday evening, I have decided to have at Main Event which is somewhat like Dave and Busters but geared more towards families. There is a deal with their Champion Package that will include 4 hours access to bowling, billiards, laser tag, gravity ropes and shuffleboard. Everyone will receive a $25 Funcard for the arcade and they will provide us with unlimited pop, water and a food buffet. We will also have a private room set up for our group. It will cost $50+tax per person. I would like to start a roster of who will be coming with how many people will be joining you. I have to put a 50% deposit down at the Main Event by March 15th.

I plan on attending, hopefully mine will be off jack stands by then lol. I remember seeing a link to a facebook group for the event on the past post. The link always produced an error for me; was it the right one?

It was the correct one and then I was advised to take it down and our conversations will mainly happen here. This way, all information, questions, and thoughts are on just one page where everyone has access.

Attending SZ 2019:
1. Anne Hoyt (TWOWa2Tuff)
2. Bob Johann (SoundQ SVT)

I am currently planning to drive there Thursday and come home Sunday. I don't think I will have the car track ready by that weekend so I am not expecting to run with Auto Interests at Nelson Ledges on Sunday.

I would like to go as well, I think I will be in the area for a race in Norwalk the week before and will just stick The Beast in my race car trailer. Will know for sure when I return from Florida.

I am definitely planning on going, but due to work I may not be able to be there the whole time and therefore I probably wont be in the group hotel rooms. Will there be more detailed schedule later? I want to make sure the when I am there, I'll be going to the right places lol

I am working on putting the final touches of the schedule this weekend. Just a friendly reminder, March 25th is the deadline for the group hotel prices!

I am going to be signing up and getting the hotel this week. I am not 100% sure I will be recovered enough, but the doctors have said I should be fine.

I will also do the payment for the banquet for two once we have that information. I would also order a shirt if they are available.

UPDATE: Made the reservation (not part of the block, as I will be needing a refrigerator and two beds... having a good friend come as well.. and NO, he is NOT my boyfriend) to arrive on the 24th and to leave the 28th. Was thinking of either hitting the Packard museum on Thursday before others come or the Garfield sites again... anyone else early is welcome to join!

Last edited:
Welcome to Spring Zing 2019!

I do need a final head count by March 31st so I can figure out the final attendance cost. I am rough estimating that it will be about $75-$100 (includes the award show on Saturday night)

Here are the final plans:
Thursday April 25[SUP]th[/SUP]
Check in at hotel begins at 3pm
7pm Dinner at Quaker Steak and Lube
9pm-? Socialize at hotel parking lot

Friday April 26[SUP]th[/SUP]
Breakfast at hotel or at McDonald’s
10-10:30 begin drive to Canton Classic Car Museum (appx 75 min drive)
Noon - ? Canton Classic Car Museum http://cantonclassiccar.org/index.htm (I need a final head count for group ticket buy)
Late lunch/ early dinner at 3 Brothers Corner Tavern http://www.3brostavern.com/
Cuyahoga Valley National Park (various areas for great photos to be taken)
7pm Car cruise in at Big Lots parking lot (voting will take place here)

Saturday April 27[SUP]th[/SUP]
11am lunch at Smitty’s (a popular place to eat in Lorain County) https://www.smittyselyria.com/
1pm - ? Rock and Roll Hall of Fame www.rockhall.com (I need a final head count for group ticket buy) Be prepared to park in a garage (appx $10)
Afterwards, there are a couple of spots that we can go downtown or along Route 2 for a good photo op.
7pm – Main Event Entertainment (This is $50+tax a person but we are getting 4 hours of access to all games and entertainment, a private room for us and giving out awards and unlimited food and soft drinks, alcohol is not included but you can purchase on your own. You will also receive a $25 funcard to use in the game room).
Sunday April 28[SUP]th[/SUP]
Last time for breakfast and hang out and departure

Last edited:
Continuing the list for people...

1. Anne Hoyt (TWOWa2Tuff)
2. Bob Johann (SoundQ SVT)
3. James Oerichbauer (ZoomZoom Diva) +1 (Hank Urban)
​4. Scott Swoboda (giganto)

I made reservations for Friday and Saturday nights. I work the night shift, and it's a two day drive for me. Now all I have to do is make sure at least one of my antique cars can make the trip.

(Untitled)

I see old schoolers here still, Bob and James👍👍

Well, not since the CSVT have I had a sedan, that was 2005, but here I am again in one! I really need to make it out to a SZ at some point, Hectour, Kevin and I have always talked about it, damn!

On a side note I heard about Tom passing away and I know it's been some time but I'm so sorry to have heard about this, a real gut punch. Tom was one of those guys I never looked at as an age, even though he was older he wasn't "old" if that makes any sense. I see a very similar screen name with Wa2Tuff in there so I have to assume a relation, glad your pressing on here! I remember txting with Tom a while back about a MINI and he just decided not to get it, smart man as always, RIP Tom, glad I crossed paths with you in my life.
2195692da2776470b232e244fdfda338.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Room booked. I should be there around 4-5pm on thursday.

I have space for 1 more if someone wants to bunk with me.

Back