+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: cd4e vb removal

Talking cd4e vb removal

it looks easy, however can it be installed w.o a vb allignment tool? going to try to replace the vb tcc solinoid block as a last effort resort before i tear it down as a winter project i wana get a used trans from the junkyard. if its at 110k or less, do you think i would be ok? i think mine is on barrowed time with 203,000.

Default vb alignment tool as close as your hardware store

When I rebuilt mine. I found a couple of long bolts at the hardware store, cut the heads off, used a hack saw to cut in a slot and went to town. Good enough .

But why are you messing with your vb anyway? They rarely give problems, its often other parts that are the issue.
    Andres

Contours are transportation, good transportation but just transportation at the end of the day.

Talking vb removal

The trans threw a code, po1744. tcc stuck in off. i understand the tcc is on the top of the vb under the pan. Do you think that the torq converter is at fault or that tcc solenoid block. you say the vb rarely give problems? what else can it be. i have a new range sensor and added fresh fluid to the trans, same thing reappeared. also the engine throws a bad cat code, can this be a cause?

Default makes sense now

Oh, that makes sense, yup looking at the tcc in the solenoid block now makes sense, alot easier than pulling the torque converter and it may be the problem.

good luck
    Andres

Contours are transportation, good transportation but just transportation at the end of the day.

That small solenoid block can come off without removing the main big valve body. Four bolts hold it on, does not need tool to line up. I wouldn't pull off that plastic cover on it. Main valve body is what requires tool to line up all parts. I used two drill bits sized to just slip in two opposite outside corners.

Talking vb removal

can the vb come out without removing the trans? is their a code for a bad torq converter?

Talking tcc block removal

how do you get the connecter out of the tranny case where it plugs into the wireharness?

Yes, VB can come off without pulling trans. There are codes for slipping converter clutch. I believe that you squeeze that connector carefully to get a detent to retract and slip it right out. It's been hot for a long time, easy to crack it in pieces. I had no trouble with mine, it came right out, look at it close, thinking there was an o-ring on it. Don't flex the wiring to solenoids excessively either, they may crack. Don't remove the plastic cover over solenoids, you may destroy it. There is a very small resistor there somewhere for trans temp input, easy to damage.

Default connector removal

The connector will come out once you release the tab. This tab is on the connector on the top of the trans case. Use a pliers carefully to depress the tab while pushing into the trans case.
    Andres

Replace both the torque converter and the valve body.

Otherwise, you're just wasting your time.

Steve
    Retired 98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX - Dead transmission @ 235K miles
    2001 F250 Super Duty 6.8L 4x4 - The NEW Workhorse 152K.
    2007 Mariner 3.0L AWD - Wifey's new ride
    2000 Contour V6 ATX Acquired 11/1/2013

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast