• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whore your install/system pics

icysvt

Addicted CEG'er
figured I would start this. If we could get a sticky it would be a good reference point. Anyhow here's some pics.
HPIM1760.jpg

HPIM1759.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

There you go. Now everyone else needs to post some pics!!!

looks great!

Can someone post some pics of 2 subs in the trunk mounted in boxes that fit right behind the wheelwells? I was browsing around yesterday and saw a few somewhere but I forgot who posted them and didn't save any. I am beginning to plan out the layout for my system and that layout stuck in my head but I can't find the pics. One layout even had notches in the box for the trunk hinges to go into.

Bob, as always, the sweetest system in a tour.

looks great!

Can someone post some pics of 2 subs in the trunk mounted in boxes that fit right behind the wheelwells? I was browsing around yesterday and saw a few somewhere but I forgot who posted them and didn't save any. I am beginning to plan out the layout for my system and that layout stuck in my head but I can't find the pics. One layout even had notches in the box for the trunk hinges to go into.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...86&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Bob, you still with Xtant? I talked with Tyrone the other day, seems they all went JBL for amps these days.

I still have one of his amps in my garage waiting for a car that's worth more then the amp (currently driving my 200,000 Mile 12 y/o beater LOL)

ill try to get pictures of my 2 ARC flatlines and my 1200.1 ARC Foose amp in the next couple days. their so beautiful. its still a work in progress though. i need a 4 channel arc amp and a set of 6.5 components. but anywho ill get it up soon.

Bob, you still with Xtant? I talked with Tyrone the other day, seems they all went JBL for amps these days.

I still have one of his amps in my garage waiting for a car that's worth more then the amp (currently driving my 200,000 Mile 12 y/o beater LOL)

I still have the Xtants, yes.
Am I still "with" Xtant? not really.

It's more like they aren't with me since they dropped their team after the 2004 season. :blackeye: I competed in 2005 with the same system as before, just not on a team of any sort.

This year I haven't been to an audio competition at all, in any capacity.

Next time you see/talk to Tyrone, tell him I said 'Hi'. He's good people. :cool:

my setup

my setup

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

I have updated the tweeter pods and put defrost vents in them... It is color matched pretty well in my opinion because I really couldn't find a better thing at JoAnn around me and it doesn't bother me at all because it sounds pretty good to me...

8ffc48d8.jpg

carpics4.jpg

This was my first setup in this car because my last car was really decked out so I figured that I wouldn't need much bass anymore... I soon figured out this wasn't the route I wanted to go so I ended up getting more...

fiberglass1.jpg

This is a fiberglass setup I never finished, but it was just about complete and then I chose to go with two subs. RandyCSVT (iirc) had this setup and that is what inspired me.... This was my first attempt at fiberglass and even though the pictures don't really show it too much it ended up looking really good I wish I had pictures of when I made the wooden skeleton to cover in fleece...

newwithp3s4.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

Have many many more pics especially of the build... I have had many different setups in my contour and the setup I am using right now isn't one of these. I haven't had time to take any pictures because I'm at school.

JL.jpg

the only pic i have left of my focus instal. this was the first instalment of the sub, i later color matched the whole sub enclosure from an old trunk liner to match.

Back