• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

performance atx

shadez

New CEG'er
i havent found much performance upgrades for the cd4e but theres a lot for the focus atx. (lentech etc.) anybody know how hard it would be to swap (or is there a lot of performance for cd4e im not finding)

CD4E performance parts are available from Level 10. Nobody thinks its worth the money.

Nobody here thinks an ATX -> MTX swap is worthwhile either. They'll just flame ya. So head on over to the Cougar forums and read how one guy did it. :)

how much power would the ATX take before it goes and how long would it last?

Supposedly, the ATX was designed to handle around 200 tq, and I would venture to say it will if it's in good shape & you add a tranny cooler to help keep it alive.

Flogging your ATX regularly and/or tracking your car will severely shorten the tranny life.

how much to pay to rebuild Zetec ATX?

how much to pay to rebuild Zetec ATX?

My 1998 Contour Zetec ATX has 125,000 miles, and was used and maintained by State of Arizona before I bought it used with 112,000 miles. It is a bifuel CNG vehicle, so hopefully the engine and tranny have had a little cooler ride despite the Arizona heat. The engine runs well, but stalls sometimes before warming up. When shifting into reverse there are a few seconds of delay before the shift begins, so I think it may be time for a kit, and cooler.The local A Team Transmission mechanic gave me a quote of $700 labor to drop the tranny..parts extra. Is this a reasonable price? What all should I have done? The basic kit and cooler? Or any extras? I use the Contour mainly for commuting so I don't need a lot of performance. Gas mileage yes!
CNG has just returned to Houston area (I'm in Freeport on the coast) and it burns a bit cooler but it's still hard to find.
Trying to get 250,000 miles!
Wildowl

Back