• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ALASKA?

I wish I was back up there alot, but I dont miss the winters, thats hard on a car. I will be coming to Anchorage for a few weeks when I get back from overseas in about 1 1/2 years.

It's only a matter of time before another owner or two are stationed up in Alaska again with the military. I bought my headers used from a CEGer in Alaska, though last I heard he had finished his stint and was back in California.

I went to college with two girls who ended up going up to teach in Shishmaref, on the Seward Penninsula. After they left, I noticed that they'd neglected to pack lawnchairs.

Seward area is the most boring place on earth and when you drive in and see the sign it says "The fun capitol of Alaska":nonono:

There isnt anything to do there AT ALL. Its like 1 1/2 miles from the start of the town to the waters edge. I drove fishing boats 2 summers for the Army rec camp there (awsome special duty cause we were basicly civilians) but there wasnt anything to do at all. And you dont need lawn chairs in Seward, when its not snowing, its raining pretty much.

...And you dont need lawn chairs in Seward, when its not snowing, its raining pretty much.

Pretty much what I was going for. I saw a few pictures in which everything was covered with snow. I have no plans to head up there. :cool:

But you should, take a trip to Anchorage then a 1 day fishing trip in Seward, you wont regret it when you pull up a 200-300 pound hallibut, and thats a fairly small one, or go salmon fishing.

I took my wife a few years ago on her first trip there and she wanted to come home and pack up and move there she loved it that much!

I lived and worked in Seward for 2 years right after I retired from the AF. It is a NICE place to visit and yeah the weather is a bit rainy but when it's nice it an awesome place to be. The winters are crazy too. Two feet of snow one day then raining for 2 days straight the next!!:shrug: Seward is one of those love it or hate it towns in Alaska.
The Valley is the place to be!! I lived in the Fairbanks/North Pole area for 7 years back in the early 90's. Now I've been in Palmer since 98 and LOVE it!! You can't beat riding your motorcycle around at 11 PM and it's still light out. Winters are fun IF you are an outdoors type. There is LOTS to do if you want to get out there. Snowmachine riding, sledding, skiing, dog mushing, hockey, hiking....IF you are a cityfied couch potato don't bother!! :laugh:

I agree, for the outdorsman Alaska is paradise. And expecially sea kiaking in Seward is amazing. I went to Palmer a few times and loved it. But I was mainly in Anchorage, but even there there is TONS to do. Its a definite must visit for everyone imo....

bikepics-1009206-full.jpg
here's some winter fun from previous years:laugh:
bikepics-1009204-full.jpg

YES THAT IS DENALI IN THE BACKGROUND!!
bikepics-1009211-full.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool: Dude I am soooooo jelous, I miss snowmobiling soooo bad, I used to go with a buddy that had a pair of arcticat race sleds.

Back