• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yah or nay???

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Testing some green neon behind the lower from mesh. Keep or ditch? Wife and I both like the smaller 15 in section just centered under the plate, not sure full length would look right. All opinions and suggestions welcome. Car is T-Green. First 2 pics of neon, last pic of future CSVT driver (hopefully), don't worry, engine completely cold. Also, sorry for the blurriness of the pics, camera doesn't like non-flash light pics.

Sorry for pdf format, still trying to get the camera to take pics less than 500kb.

Attachments

• neon.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
i think it looks ok...not great, but not terrible!

Thank you

Neat idea, but I don't think it fits the car...

Thank you

Well I like it.

And thank you

I actually agree with everyone's thoughts so far. I'm out, don't just love it, but don't hate it either. I'm thinking once I put the guard back on the underside that will (hopefully) push more light up behind the mesh....

Not trying to be an @ss, but I'm not feeling it. If neon is your thing I guess go for it. To each their own. Also if your looking for more green neon I have a couple different size tubes and other Street Glow accessories that I would be willing to part with. PM me for info.

Last edited:
Not trying to be an @ss, but the only thing coming to mind is...............RICE!!

That was the first thing that a co-worker said also... As you can see I'm not 100% on it, that's why I posted here!!!!! I trust CEGer's opions.

That was the first thing that a co-worker said also... As you can see I'm not 100% on it, that's why I posted here!!!!! I trust CEGer's opions.

Well as you can see that was my orginal opinion, but I thought I would be a little nicer....so I edited it.

Not trying to be an @ss, but I'm not feeling it. If neon is your thing I guess go for it. To each their own. Also if your looking for more green neon I have a couple different size tubes and other Street Glow accessories that I would be willing to part with. PM me for info.

Neon really isn't my thing, I had seen another t-green posted here with the oval backlit green and thought it looked neat, so thought I would see what it looked like. I do appreciate you being nicer, but am really glad you laid it out with your absolute first impression on your first non edited post. The tube that is literally just sitting in there is one of those Pilot tubes from AutoZone that you plug in the cigarette lighter, hence the clips on the battery scene in the last pic.. If I decide to go permanent I will pm you about the Street Glow as that is what I want to use.

Neon really isn't my thing, I had seen another t-green posted here with the oval backlit green and thought it looked neat, so thought I would see what it looked like. I do appreciate you being nicer, but am really glad you laid it out with your absolute first impression on your first non edited post. The tube that is literally just sitting in there is one of those Pilot tubes from AutoZone that you plug in the cigarette lighter, hence the clips on the battery scene in the last pic.. If I decide to go permanent I will pm you about the Street Glow as that is what I want to use.
I believe the member "The Five-Oh!" use to have a T-green CSVT with the green glow lights.

I believe the member "The Five-Oh!" use to have a T-green CSVT with the green glow lights.

Hey Dave, Talk to Alex as mentioned above. He' the one with the green behind the mesh, But I believe it was a complete underglow kit....

He'll chime in I'm sure as soon as he's done mowing the lawns

Last edited:
I had LED's at one time and I liked them alot but they kept giving me alot of trouble. They were Street Glow's and the warrenty replaced tubes several times but they just got to be a royal PITA so I pulled them all off.

So what kind of gains you seeing with that new baby turbo kit? Bet it whines pretty good! :laugh:

Hard to get a real feel for the lights as the pics are admittedly blurred, might look better with a longer bar? Might look better if you could hide the tube itself.

Back