• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Merry ******* Christmas

OB1

Hard-core CEG'er
Pics
100_2086.jpg

My bent a/f gauge!
100_2085.jpg

Knocked the speedo needle off!
100_2084.jpg

100_2083.jpg

100_2081.jpg

100_2079.jpg

100_2078.jpg

100_2066.jpg

The sunroof
100_2061.jpg

The culprit
100_2076.jpg

Insurance company will be out on Monday to look at it. Doesn't look bad the only thing I'm worried about is the roof. I can't see any buckles but that sunroof popped up for some reason.
We will see what they give me but Its getting fixed no matter.
This is not what I needed right now!

wow thats terrible man, sucks the airbags went off...that might not be good, but i hope it works out for you cause thats a nice t red :(

edit: does your odometer read 15k?!

God that sucks. Sorry about that. That poor car. If it were me I would have been out beating what was left of the deer. I just nailed one the other night but it didnt do anything. I was able to slam on my brakes quick.
Ugh... I hate deer sometimes.

God that sucks. Sorry about that. That poor car. If it were me I would have been out beating what was left of the deer. I just nailed one the other night but it didnt do anything. I was able to slam on my brakes quick.
Ugh... I hate deer sometimes.

i hit one about 6 years ago...caused $6k damage to my aunts honda accord...but its my brothers car now and he drives it everyday, so there's some hope right there

wow thats terrible man, sucks the airbags went off...that might not be good, but i hope it works out for you cause thats a nice t red :(

looks like it does!

even more awesome is the fact that the SPEEDO is somewhere WAY off to the left of 160! new record!

oh.. and another thing: something ALWAYS happens to your car RIGHT after you fill up on gas... sucks!

dude! real sorry to see that. wots with the deer around u guyz!? they must have some sorta vendetta against contours or sumthn. it seems these threads pop out just about every month or so.

i hate deer. ive hit 4 (yes, 4) since 2003. i totaled out a GP, 2 with my svt, and 1 with my fiero. (2 deer this year!) im really unlucky.

hope they dont total it. i hope you beat that thing with a bat afterwards. i would have!

edit btw, DO NOT wash any fo the deer off the car yet! it needs to be there for proof!

Last edited:
Say it aint so!!!.. man that sucks. Hope you get it fixed better than ever man

The sunroof may have popped up just from the force of the impact. However, the only way to know that the car is still squared and true is by a frame shop. The car has certain points throughout that get measured to check to ensure it is squared off.

Glad to see though that you hit the deer instead of swerving and ending up in a ditch or wrapped in a tree.

My dad and brother have slaughtered alot of deer over the recent years too.

EDIT: one other thing. Since the airbags deployed you'll have to replace the restraint sensor underneath the center console and behind the shifter. They're usually hard to find in a car that hasn't had the airbags deployed. I have one here, almost tossed it the other day. I'll have to get your address and send it your way.

Last edited:
Damn ob I am soooooo sorry man, I have some spare parts you can have in the season if giving here at the house man. I want the red rocket back on the road damnit, I love that car!!!!!! Gimme a call and let me know what you need and I will see what I have.

The odomoter is the actual 3l miles I belive.

Eat the deer as a warning to others. :)

Hope everything gets worked out and thec ar is back on the road!

~Josh

Damn O'Brian. :( The first three pics made me hope you picked up a wrecked SVT from a junkyard. Then I saw the CF hood and knew it was your's. :cry:

Yes it does. When I did the 3L & replaced basically the entire drivetrain w/ new parts I rolled back the spare odometer I had. It was the last week in December of last year I got it rolling.

one other thing. Since the airbags deployed you'll have to replace the restraint sensor underneath the center console and behind the shifter. They're usually hard to find in a car that hasn't had the airbags deployed. I have one here, almost tossed it the other day. I'll have to get your address and send it your way.

I'm glad you told me that about the sensor & I appreciate the offer but I think I'm picking up another parts car.

That really sucks. I can hook you up with midnight blue airbags and what ever else you might need to get that thing back on the road for as cheap as possible. Take the insurance money and fix as much as you can to save money, then pay a shop to finish up the rest. Seriously though, I have sunroofs, airbags, and all. I love to help CEG'ers out so just shoot me a pm if you need anything. Good luck and get that thing on the road again soon!

Back