• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dash Warp Fix v2.0

beyondloadedSE

Hard-core CEG'er
Others may remember my first trial at fixing the dash warp near the defroster vent with gorilla glue and some wood wedges to apply pressure while drying. You can see pictures in this previous thread about half way down the page.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=9339

The glue is still holding up great. The defroster vent hasn't budged at all and it looks as good as it did 9 months ago. However, parts of the dash by the windshield still weren't to my liking. I think part of the reason the dash starts to lift up by the windshield is because the dash actually shrinks over time, pulling away from the windshield and lifting. So now what I've done is gotten some 1/2" half circle extruded rubber molding and sandwiched it in between the windshield and dash. This help keeps the dash pushed down and the rubber makes great contact with the windshield, keeping it secure. Its been about 4 months since I've installed it and I'm very happy it. Not only is it keeping the dash down, but its helped cut down on the rattling while going over bumps.

100_0767.jpg

100_0771.jpg

100_0772.jpg

def'n does appear too,and imho,almost looks better than this stupid ford kit my car has:shrug:

Back