• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone know this SVT?

For that price you should be getting two CSVT's with lower millage than that one! Good luck getting financing on that beast!

LOL i just couldn't stop laughing when I saw that price. I found one in Florida a while back with 37,500 miles for $12,000. I got my 99 svt with 71,604 miles for $6,300. That one looks nice but wayyyyy too much for that lil guy.

Nice ricer wing.

Don't worry....if you ever see the car on the road it's all you will see...

The wing only went back on before the car was sold so I didn't have to fill in the holes in the trunk.

And yes it was my car and it was possibly the highest dynoed N/A 3L.

The car has now been out of my hands since May so don't ask specifics of it's current state. Yes the asking price it nuts, but that's not me behind it, but for reference the motor in there is big$$ and worth as much as most others cars. I'm sure the price could be knocked down a fair bit as another gentleman was looking at it locally and the price was nowhere near what they have there in USD.

oh...and one other thing...even before I had the 3L in the car it was one of the higher dyno'ed N/A 2.5L's well. The car was extremely well set up and maintained and would give Cobras a run (and make some look stupid) on a road course.

And he regularly tracked the car unlike the rest of you poseurs.
I don't track my car??:shrug: Yeah, my suspension is mostly stock, but I AM sponsored by PRT...things will be different next year. :cool: I won't have as much power as him though. I didn't say the car was slow, I'm just saying that my opinion of the wing is that it looks like arse. The car looks well done otherwise :cool:

They should edit the for sale add....says 2.5L

I though i recognized it....

What was your 2.5 dyno number??

~Josh

They should edit the for sale add....says 2.5L

I though i recognized it....

What was your 2.5 dyno number??

~Josh

I don't have the run handy (or maybe at all) but I think it was up in the 192-194 range with no tuning. Any chip ADC sent me actually lost power so I gave up getting it tuned at that time as it was running quite well on it's own. This was even with a compression bent exhaust and the stock cat so there was still plenty of room for improvement. 200fwhp wasn't that un realistic I think

Thanks for the info, Aaron. Is that hp quote at the ground (rolling dyno) or at the flywheel? Any known problems with the car? Thanks--I'm a past owner of a '98 SVT (Leda/Koni suspension, exhaust and intake), loved the car and am looking for something else. Also on the radar is the Mitsu EVO (obviously more expensive, though).

Thanks....aleast someone remembers.

(Sorry, I think I thanked the wrong person.)

Thanks for the info. Is that hp quote at the ground (rolling dyno) or at the flywheel? Any known problems with the car? Thanks--I'm a past owner of a '98 SVT (Leda/Koni suspension, exhaust and intake), loved the car and am looking for something else. Also on the radar is the Mitsu EVO (obviously more expensive, though).

Back