• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tighten throttle cable for mustang TB

FauxhawkFox

Hard-core CEG'er
installing the mustang TB and the cable is really loose, how do i tighten the throttle cable? The pedal is at the floor and there is about 2inchs of cable play. Need pics? I can take em right now.

Its the 65mm TB

Thanks!

installing the mustang TB and the cable is really loose, how do i tighten the throttle cable? The pedal is at the floor and there is about 2inchs of cable play. Need pics? I can take em right now.

Its the 65mm TB

Thanks!

Take some pics of the plates opening when pedal is down and pedal is not touched.

The other option is shortening the cable from inside the car. Recrimping the inside part of the cars end of the cable.

Zipties FTW:laugh:

I figured it out. I just wrapped the barrel around the bracket. It works great. 95pgt-t helped me out. But I might look into doing the ziptie or whatever from the inside instead of the engine bay.

Zipties FTW:laugh:

I figured it out. I just wrapped the barrel around the bracket. It works great. 95pgt-t helped me out. But I might look into doing the ziptie or whatever from the inside instead of the engine bay.

yea zippy ties are my recomendation. I was taught that trick long ago back in 1994 lol.

Glad you figured your problem out. I had to take my 65m tb out because my gasket was bad.

This week the dealer wil have it, which means it will be back on my car by the weekend.

I dont think I will ever go back. There is a nice whistle at certain RPM that is really nice. I did have a little issue with the bolt stopper, I went to pass a car doing 30 in a 50 and the bolt went under the cable which made the car go into WOT without me having my foot on the pedal. I turned the car off fast and rolled to the side and tightened the bolt. Everything is good now. Everytime I do something to the car I drive it more and more. Gas goes higher and higher and thats all I can think about with a bigger TB.

that whistle is SWEET isn't it. i need to do mine tomorrow. i put it on stock..no whistle for me:cry:

The more air into the engine, the more the engine will have to compensate.

Most of the time when you enlarge parts of your intake system the car starts to run leaner, giving you better gas mileage.

Most of the time when you enlarge parts of your intake system the car starts to run leaner, giving you better gas mileage.
I have to disagree with that one. The MAFS and/or housing are the only air intake-related components that would affect A/F raios. Given the stock MAFS & housing, the engine is seeing the same amount, and velocity, of ingested air, regardless of TB or intake changes.

I have to disagree with that one. The MAFS and/or housing are the only air intake-related components that would affect A/F raios. Given the stock MAFS & housing, the engine is seeing the same amount, and velocity, of ingested air, regardless of TB or intake changes.

The maf does it up to a point, which is why we don't adjust a/f from the maf but at the pcm, because it lacks the constant accuracy.

Dyno a car get the A/f readings, then upgrade the manifolds and tb air intake etc, then dyno the car again with a/f readings, then prove to me that the maf can or did cover the difference accuratly or to the point where it shows that the car is not running any leaner.

Last edited:
I dont think I will ever go back. There is a nice whistle at certain RPM that is really nice. I did have a little issue with the bolt stopper, I went to pass a car doing 30 in a 50 and the bolt went under the cable which made the car go into WOT without me having my foot on the pedal. I turned the car off fast and rolled to the side and tightened the bolt. Everything is good now. Everytime I do something to the car I drive it more and more. Gas goes higher and higher and thats all I can think about with a bigger TB.

How do you like the power from it? Or did you barly notice anything.

There is a noticeable change in power, but the best thing about it is the response. I have a SPEC flywheel and the RPMs go up and down very quickly from that and the TB helped the throttle response a lot. Im very impressed. Im tempted to get the stock TB optimized and do a comparison when I go to the dyno. Would be interesting to see the actually differences. That wont be till the end of june.

There is a noticeable change in power, but the best thing about it is the response. I have a SPEC flywheel and the RPMs go up and down very quickly from that and the TB helped the throttle response a lot. Im very impressed. Im tempted to get the stock TB optimized and do a comparison when I go to the dyno. Would be interesting to see the actually differences. That wont be till the end of june.

You should do a stock svt tb vs a stock 65mm tb. That way, we can do a direct comparison, but swap it anyway you want. Dyno #'s speak more my butt dyno numbers :)

My TB is stock so that would work, but the 65mm is optimized. When it comes closer ill see if anyone wants to donate a stock one.

well depending on how many times I can hog the rollers, Ill do as many runs as I can. Now Im all pumped to see the differences.

well depending on how many times I can hog the rollers, Ill do as many runs as I can. Now Im all pumped to see the differences.

I'm going to do a dyno comparison soon.

stock maf, opt maf and 75mm pro-m maf.

That way i can put this maf argument to rest. :)

I'm going to do a dyno comparison soon.

stock maf, opt maf and 75mm pro-m maf.

That way i can put this maf argument to rest. :)

Please do. When are you going to be doing this? MAF and LSD is the next step for me, so if you figure out the best MAF it would work great with the opt TB

Last edited:
Back