• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Newb: Pics of my Bullitt

Graves

CEG'er
Hey all! Just wanted to share some new pictures of my Bullitt.
I just swapped in an IRS from a 2004 Cobra on Sunday, and I LOVE how it rides! It's like a different car. She currently has 49k miles.

Mods:

JLT RAI
Bassani stainless mid-length headers
Dr.Gas off-road X-pipe
03/04 Cobra MagnaFlow catback (for the IRS)
2004 Cobra springs w/ 1 coil cut each
MGW shifter
2004 Cobra IRS (26k miles)
03/04 Cobra side mirrors
99/01 Cobra front bumper w/ Mach 1 chin spoiler
Sequential tail lights
CCW Classics (polished. 18x9.5 front & 18x11 rear. Nitto 555s up front & BFGs in the rear)
Tinted/clear corner headlights
Red LEDs in the guage cluster
MGW A/C knobs

I think that's about it.. on to the pics!

368526192_ybu74-XL.jpg

368526184_AR2Jw-XL.jpg

368526204_T5fAk-XL.jpg

368532155_k3gCc-XL.jpg

awesome stang newb;). i'd rock that in a heartbeat:crazy:. that first picture is just :drool:. the KDWs set it off nice.one more thing... throw away that crap on ur hood and get a shaker, and u're set.

that thing is sex:drool: only thing...and i mean only thing i think is out of place is the hood/hood scoop. i think the 03/04 cobra hood would go better

awesome stang newb;). i'd rock that in a heartbeat:crazy:. that first picture is just :drool:. the KDWs set it off nice.one more thing... throw away that crap on ur hood and get a shaker, and u're set.

that thing is sex:drool: only thing...and i mean only thing i think is out of place is the hood/hood scoop. i think the 03/04 cobra hood would go better

beat u to it!!! :laugh::laugh:

The only thing I don't like about the stock hood is that once it's washed, water drains from under it for what seems like hours. I like how it looks though. If it gets replaced, it will be with a cowl hood of some kind.
The 03/04 Cobra hood won't meet up with the 2 posts on either side of the grille pony. They're too short, and there will be a gap and it'll look bad...and I don't want that. :)

The scoop on the hood matches the rest of the car pretty well from the front. If you look at the head on shot, you'll see a lot of similar shapes: windshield, scoop, grille, lower valance opening.. I'll leave the shakers to the Machs.

HOLY...

:drool: :drool:

If I come to TX can I drive it?

[Dustin Hoffman Rain Man voice] But, I'm a good driver[/Rain Man voice]

Promise I won't rip on it. :)

"We'll see" is certainly better than an outright no. :cool:

OMG hotttttttt!:drool::drool: and i knew there had to be a better way of mounting a plate in the window other than the sun visor. Suction cups!! durrr:troutslap:

Very very nice Bullitt, one of the nicest I've seen.
It looks like you'll probably be realigning the rear exhaust, and on my Cobra I connected the pipes like a second X/H pipe and I loved how it sounded. Just a thought. Also, some of the Cobra guys polish those under IRS pipes, would probably look good with the polished wheels.
again, sweet car, I like more stang owners here :cool:
-J
and BTW, watch mentioning cutting springs on here, there's some sensitive members :help: but I'm with you :laugh:

Back