• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally finished my intake

xtascox

Hard-core CEG'er
Got my parts for the SleeperZ today and ended up putting it together. I think I'm going to get the pipe powder coated black so it doesn't stand out so much but other than that, it's done. Click the pics below to see them full size.

Here's what I did other than what you see:
First I cutout the restrictive tube inside the airbox and "ported" the piece that connects to the hose from the fender to the full size of the hose.

This is the piece I removed:

Next I pulled the driver's side wheel and wheel well liner and found this long tube which I eventually figured out was a resonator. Talk about restriction, the hose has two nice sized openings (actually surprised me) but one of them connected to the resonator which is completely closed other than a tiny hole to let water out. Basically the intake was only half open because the tube blocked the second opening. Below is a picture of the resonator:

Anyway here's a pic of the the final product along with a sound clip.

Sound clip, please excuse the quality:
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/xtascox/car/cougar/intake/?action=view&current=PICT0431.flv

Overall I have much better throttle response and the car itself feels to have a bit more torque and higher end pull.

Looks like a nice clean setup. Where did you come about a 90 degree elbow like that?

Back