• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fresh 3l-Swapped 99 SVT

urbansledder

New CEG'er
Here is my 99 Contour SVT with a fresh oval-port 3l swap done by Bagged. The engine came out of an 04 taurus and has roughly 38k on it. He did a great job and the engine bay has never looked better. Thanks for looking!
Car itself
n13753258_36480687_5005.jpg

n13753258_36480683_3916.jpg

n13753258_36480688_5246.jpg

new engine before install

cars355.jpg

cleaned up engine bay
cars356.jpg

cars358.jpg

old motor after teardown

cars362.jpg

new motor installed
cars366.jpg

first start up sorry for the crappy sound

That interior is mint! Bagged ought to have a pretty nice retirement fund saved up with all the 3L swaps he does :laugh:.

Urban your car is very clean I like it I hope you enjoy it. Scott hats off to you bro for modding another tour with a lovely 3L. Very fine install my friend :}

Glad you like it man. It was a pleasure doing it for you.

Looks great man! Can't wait to have Bagged do mine when this 157k mile motor gives out!

Do it before it blows up it's cheaper for you. and it's easier to transport.

That interior is mint! Bagged ought to have a pretty nice retirement fund saved up with all the 3L swaps he does

:laugh:.

Not really I do a pretty good deal so everyone can afford to enjoy them

how much does he charge if i may ask. im just curious as to what it costs in labor to do such a thing?

Shoot me a pm for details

Pretty sure it would be more appropriate to ask bagged.

Urban your car is very clean I like it I hope you enjoy it. Scott hats off to you bro for modding another tour with a lovely 3L. Very fine install my friend :}

The fact that it still sounds like an SVT does nothing to stop me from wanting to do this......

Sorry to many qoutes for crappy I phone.

Thanks beans.
Andy yours will be done soon enough.
And yes the 3l sounds just about the same but the power and torque difference is very noticeable.

Just wondering...did you need to upgrade the transmission for the 3L swap?

It's nice to have it done but it's not 100 percent needed. I've got lots of guys running around with stock trannies on 3l cars

Back